Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Moving the forum

Posted (edited)

@socceronly 

I understand the positive motives behind the move, thank you as always for pushing us in the right direction. I hope it helps but also see risk. 

Edit: perhaps I’m wrong. BigSoccer forums have worked well for the Yanks. 

How do we coordinate/ recruit into the Voyageurs fold from new site?

Edited by hamiltonfan

2 hours ago, socceronly said:

Did you fix this? 

It looks like the email address here matches your account.

No. I've sent you my email address via DM. Please let me know what steps I should take.

1 hour ago, hamiltonfan said:

@socceronly 

I understand the positive motives behind the move, thank you as always for pushing us in the right direction. I hope it helps but also see risk. 

Edit: perhaps I’m wrong. BigSoccer forums have worked well for the Yanks. 

How do we coordinate/ recruit into the Voyageurs fold from new site?

There is risk.  But we have become totally stagnant and the forums are not conducive to them youngin's and a lot of others. Not sure why. Hoping to some degree for a social media backlash, there damn well should be.  This site(s) don't track you, game your attention, use algorithms to fuck with your head ect.....

The new site will push the V's. There are a few different ways to do it.  The old site/new organization will be seeking out better community relationships from coast to coast.   Starting to rebuild that site in the next few days and create a more organization feel than it had before.

19 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

Really dislike this decision and hope you quickly reconsider when you see traffic on both site dive. 

#saveourforum

Have to agree.  This whole arbitrary move by a few without any consultation that I could see, bites. Was there some sort of hidden thread discussing this?

My question about where the off topic threads are going is being ignored.  I can live with losing a singing nun thread that probably had more views than the Futsal forum combined, I can even live with losing a software thread that I put over a decade of work into and had many thanks sent my way. But what I find unconscionable is if the stadium thread is lost.  That is probably the only archive of Canadian stadium construction news and history out there, not just football stadiums but Saputo, BMO and BC Place.

And all I've seen as reasons why controversial threads or posts are gone are because of supposed "ghosts" out there who will kill the Vs if we're not politically correct.  That is the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever heard and can't fathom anybody believing it.  And worse case scenario, even if it were true would you want to be part of an organization that kowtowed to people telling them to keep quiet.  WTF?

I don't know what is going on behind the scenes here but something's not right and I can only speculate my thoughts, but it is a done deal so I guess it doesn't matter.

Never say never but I can't see myself going to the new site, because I feel pretty betrayed, but I feel pretty good about the fact that I've been around longer than most, made some contributions in posting news and keeping/refurbing the Moaca and speaking my mind about what I believed in even if most others disagreed.

Posted (edited)

I’m kinda worried we’ll lose a lot of users in the move but hopefully most will move with us. Will this website eventually just redirect to the new forum?

Edited by SkuseisLoose

1 hour ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I’m kinda worried we’ll lose a lot of users in the move but hopefully most will move with us. Will this website eventually just redirect to the new forum?

Redirect would be wise

Joe, it's going to be good. 

The off topic threads are there.  I just set the permissions wrong. I see them as an admin but I am guessing no one else does.  I'll fix that this afternoon.

There was no hidden thread.  Talked about with people for months and figured the time to do with was with the start of the CanPL.

The original forum is still in tact.  If it really does go south, we can always switch back.   Nothing is set in stone. 

9 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Yes, it will redirect eventually, but right now it's a place for people who can't log into the new one because their email is 13 years old and no longer used....  So it lets me fix things for those people and do comparisons between username collisions where people had the same user name on both sites already. 

21 minutes ago, socceronly said:

Yes, it will redirect eventually, but right now it's a place for people who can't log into the new one because their email is 13 years old and no longer used....  So it lets me fix things for those people and do comparisons between username collisions where people had the same user name on both sites already. 

HI, I presume that's my problem? I'll wait for your response to my emails. Concerning the apr.27 game, any time frame to receiving tickets?

11 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

HI, I presume that's my problem? I'll wait for your response to my emails. Concerning the apr.27 game, any time frame to receiving tickets?

You need to download the CanPL Center Circle App and set it up with the same email you used to buy the tickets. If you want that to be a different email, let me know.

You can't log in to the new site?

3 hours ago, socceronly said:

You need to download the CanPL Center Circle App and set it up with the same email you used to buy the tickets. If you want that to be a different email, let me know.

You can't log in to the new site?

I'm in on the CSN site. Thank u thank u very much(TUTUVM). I have the CC app with the same email but when will the tickets be shown?

7 hours ago, socceronly said:

Joe, it's going to be good. 

The off topic threads are there.  I just set the permissions wrong. I see them as an admin but I am guessing no one else does.  I'll fix that this afternoon.

There was no hidden thread.  Talked about with people for months and figured the time to do with was with the start of the CanPL.

The original forum is still in tact.  If it really does go south, we can always switch back.   Nothing is set in stone. 

With that then, I apologize.  I thought I had read somewhere that they would be turfed.

23 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I'm already too lazy to reset my password to log into the new forum

Posted (edited)

First I heard of this today, but logged in over there and all seems quite smooth!

Except I couldn't see any forums for the MLS teams. Am I blind? Looking in the wrong place? Or locked somehow? (Or all of the above :) )

Edited by nfitz

4 hours ago, nfitz said:

First I heard of this today, but logged in other there and all seems quite smooth!

Except I couldn't see any forums for the MLS teams. Am I blind? Looking in the wrong place? Or locked somehow? (Or all of the above :) )

that's odd.

I'll check the permissions.  I may be seeing them when you can't.

9 hours ago, Bdog said:

I'm already too lazy to reset my password to log into the new forum

LOL

I'll change it for you..... just PM me if you're email is out of date...

5 hours ago, socceronly said:

that's odd.

I'll check the permissions.  I may be seeing them when you can't.

Or I'm looking somewhere odd.

Also a top level link (tab?) to https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/forums might be useful. I was scratching my head on where to actually find the forums when looking there just now ... other than going to a recent post in the lower right of the home page and then working my way back from there.

just to note. i find it funny that the issue i had with how certain posters were posting is the top issue listed above. could have just said you were concerned man

6 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Or I'm looking somewhere odd.

Also a top level link (tab?) to https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/forums might be useful. I was scratching my head on where to actually find the forums when looking there just now ... other than going to a recent post in the lower right of the home page and then working my way back from there.

What? I totally don't understand what you mean.

3 minutes ago, matty said:

just to note. i find it funny that the issue i had with how certain posters were posting is the top issue listed above. could have just said you were concerned man

I don't understand this either.... 

10 hours ago, nfitz said:

First I heard of this today, but logged in over there and all seems quite smooth!

People have posted in the MLS forum on CSN...What are you not seeing? ????

Just now, socceronly said:

I don't understand this either.... 

point number one is

• Separation of the forum from The Voyageurs as a group to limit possible damage from content.

i on several occasions said that the comments that were popping up on the forums were troubling and could very well damage the v brand in significant ways. this was largely laughed off as dumb pc-ness. i do somewhat wish during such flame wars you had mentioned this was also a concern of the admins. (i think you did in an off-topic forum, but not one of the main threads)

4 minutes ago, matty said:

point number one is

• Separation of the forum from The Voyageurs as a group to limit possible damage from content.

i on several occasions said that the comments that were popping up on the forums were troubling and could very well damage the v brand in significant ways. this was largely laughed off as dumb pc-ness. i do somewhat wish during such flame wars you had mentioned this was also a concern of the admins. (i think you did in an off-topic forum, but not one of the main threads)

The original idea of CSN was to move the forum there and do what we are doing now and that was years ago.

The problem was as soon as there was a forum connected to the writers, they lost their press passes back then.  Total bullshit, but it was the case. Doesn't seem to be an issue anymore.

Otherwise I have talked about this issue on and off for several years. It isn't new.