Sign in to follow this  
Big_M

General MLS Talk 2019

On top of the poor penalty decision this ref misses what should be a Red Card for a forearm on the Caps player, I've seen enough of this ref already this season and he's called an MLS rising star, shakes head!

Muyl doubles, BWP gets his first of the season and Royer adds one..4-1 over san jose still the worst team in the league..and piatti puts the 3rd in orlando who are still disappointing their fans

10 hours ago, gator said:

On top of the poor penalty decision this ref misses what should be a Red Card for a forearm on the Caps player, I've seen enough of this ref already this season and he's called an MLS rising star, shakes head!

I disagree. I think the ref got all of the big decisions correct.

I'm not sure how people can say that is not a penalty on Cornelius. He gets a slight touch on the ball, but it is still there to be won. If not for the contact from Cornelius, the Houston player is getting to that ball. That's a penalty all day for me.

8 hours ago, masster said:

I disagree. I think the ref got all of the big decisions correct.

I'm not sure how people can say that is not a penalty on Cornelius. He gets a slight touch on the ball, but it is still there to be won. If not for the contact from Cornelius, the Houston player is getting to that ball. That's a penalty all day for me.

I'm pretty sure the VAR ref said it was not a penalty 

1 hour ago, ddoouugg said:

I'm pretty sure the VAR ref said it was not a penalty 

Not necessarily but he felt strong enough with the call on the play to alert the field ref that he needs to watch the replay as it might change his original decision. Would be interesting to see the percentage of his calls that the match referee overturns after being told by the VAR guy he may have missed something.  You would think it would be well above 66% but when I think about it, it seems lower.