Sign in to follow this  
Club Linesman

Vancouver Whitecaps 2019 Season

7 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

If you're going to spend Davies dollars, spend it on that third midfielder.

And sorry, but on an experienced CB. 

And on a sure-fire striker to accompany Montero. 

What makes no sense is for MDS to talk about possession and have a single striker up high, which is not how possession football should be played. You have to combine all the way into the net, so you cannot have a guy playing as a pure target as your end-point of possession attack.

On 3/17/2019 at 9:52 PM, The Beaver said:

I am also not convinced MDS had got all the horses he needs yet, but there were some good signs last game. Let's be honest: We gave goals away on very poor defensive errors.

I am not convinced the formation is working either. We'll see how it evolves, but a guy like Montero never has success without a strike partner, or at least somebody tucked in behind him.  Reyna, to me, is not well-used on the wing.  Those two--Montero and Reyna--had great chemistry two years ago, but Reyna played in behind Montero. Maybe we need to consider more of a 4-4-1-1 

I agree, but what concerns me is that those are not the formations that MDS traditionally favors. Since he has been hired he has been saying that his focus is on 4-3-3 with 3-5-2 being used in certain spots. The signings he made were specifically with those formations in mind.

I doubt he is unwilling to give up on his plan so quickly.

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

What happened to Simon Colyn ?

He's a young prospect with promise.  How much time he, Norman Jr., and a once healthy Baldisimo see this year remains to be seen.  Vees Cup?

Edited by BearcatSA

7 hours ago, masster said:

I agree, but what concerns me is that those are not the formations that MDS traditionally favors. Since he has been hired he has been saying that his focus is on 4-3-3 with 3-5-2 being used in certain spots. The signings he made were specifically with those formations in mind.

I doubt he is unwilling to give up on his plan so quickly.

And, in truth, it is probably too soon to scrap his plan anyways. This was always going to be a transitional year but I am curious to see how patient everyone will be, including the fans, players, coaching staff and FO. 

12 hours ago, Soro17 said:

I blame Roch Carrier and Monsieur Eaton. 

You might be, in the words of George Carlin, too hip for the room with that reference.  Or maybe not.  Regardless, I had a good chuckle with that one.

Edited by BearcatSA