Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

CanPL Opening Game - Group Tickets and Post Game Party

Recommended Posts

I would recommend The End Zone if you plan on having a big crowd. Having been there a number of times, it would work perfectly. About a 5 min drive from the stadium. Maybe even have a bus from the bar and back.

 

Edited by Cblake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here's my summary of the York 9 Meet & Greet held at Shoeless Joe's in Woodbridge, Wednesday January 30th.  

I've got the sound files of the whole presentation..

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19york050.htm  

Relevant to this thread in that all York 9 SSH will be given a free ticket to the game (in our own section) and a free bus ride from the  new team sponsor The TOK Group.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

So here's my summary of the York 9 Meet & Greet held at Shoeless Joe's in Woodbridge, Wednesday January 30th.  

I've got the sound files of the whole presentation..

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19york050.htm  

Relevant to this thread in that all York 9 SSH will be given a free ticket to the game (in our own section) and a free bus ride from the  new team sponsor The TOK Group.  

Nice read, enjoyed it. Just one thing, it's Kurt Larson, not Lawson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My family of 4 are season seat holders so will be going. Maybe round up some others too. Does the Giovinco news make it easier for many to skip the TFC match for this historic moment in Canadian soccer history?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, m-g-williams said:

I'm tempted to head down as I've never been to the Hammer, and it *is* an historic match . . . but I kind of feel like I'd be selling out my Wanderers. I'll mull it over.

Step 1 - go to the game.

Step 2 - relentlessly chirp both teams while wearing your Wanderers jersey and kilt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, m-g-williams said:

I'm tempted to head down as I've never been to the Hammer, and it *is* an historic match . . . but I kind of feel like I'd be selling out my Wanderers. I'll mull it over.

I am a die-hard PFC fan already and will happily taunt these two teams mercilessly when they come, but if I could I would be at the opening game if I could. It is historic, you should go if you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Step 1 - go to the game.

Step 2 - relentlessly chirp both teams while wearing your Wanderers jersey and kilt.

Hmmm. The logic seems sound. #offkilter

12 minutes ago, ted said:

I am a die-hard PFC fan already and will happily taunt these two teams mercilessly when they come, but if I could I would be at the opening game if I could. It is historic, you should go if you can.

You know, I'm starting to like this approach. I may just need to keep an eye out for single ticket sales now! 

Edited by m-g-williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Step 1 - go to the game.

Step 2 - relentlessly chirp both teams while wearing your Wanderers jersey and kilt.

Do I get bonus points if I wear my NASL-era Ottawa Fury jersey?

Edited by Gopherbashi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

In a CPL context, I am not sure a Fury kit gets you bonus points ;)

 

If I can go, I’ll wear my USL era Ottawa Fury Kit.  ☺️

Edited by JamboAl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. So... this is the deal.

https://www.facebook.com/events/804052103279823/

James Hutton has arranged a section for us.  To get tickets in it, contact him directly.

Jhutton@forgefootball.club 905-527-3674x332

Barton Street Battalion will be arranging an awesome post game party, details to be determined.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, m-g-williams said:

I'm tempted to head down as I've never been to the Hammer, and it *is* an historic match . . . but I kind of feel like I'd be selling out my Wanderers. I'll mull it over.

Step 1 - go to the game.

Step 2 - relentlessly chirp both teams while wearing your Wanderers jersey and kilt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DontPanic said:

Good friend of mine promised to take me so count me in. :)

Sorry, but you forgot to mention that seat could be relinquished at any time should certain 'opportunities' arise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

Definitely going to the game, but I’ll probably drive myself so I can huff on a cigar on the way there and back. 

Don't care how you get there sir.... just make sure you join us!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×