Posted (edited)

Algeria

Nassim Mekideche played for JS Kabylie in a 1-1 U21 result against JS Saoura

England

Hoilett is on the bench for FA Cup match with Gillingham

Scotland

Harry Paton played the last 27 for Ross County against Greenock Morton

Zanatta starts against Dunfermline. 90 in a late 2-2 draw

Trafford is on the ICTFC bench for match with QoS. Remained on the bench in a 2-1 loss 

Aird starts against Partick Thistle. Aird is off at the half.

Edited by jordan

17 hours ago, gator said:

Hoilett came on in the 3rd minute of added time as Cardiff lose to League One Gillingham 1-0!

The good news is that this indicates Junior might be coming back to be more of a definitive first team player, in that it shows where Colin's priorities lie.  

27 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

Pacheco starting in Portuguese Primeira Liga. Up 1-0 at half. Call him up! (I’ve jumped on this bandwagon too - if you’re playing at this level you should be getting a call. I reckon it is higher that where Wotherspoon is with St Johnstone in Scottish Premier League). 

I know but I don’t think Herdman speaks Portuguese. 😉

1 hour ago, Boominbooty said:

Pacheco starting in Portuguese Primeira Liga. Up 1-0 at half. Call him up! (I’ve jumped on this bandwagon too - if you’re playing at this level you should be getting a call. I reckon it is higher that where Wotherspoon is with St Johnstone in Scottish Premier League). 

He was subbed out m. 79 with a card, they drew 2-2. 

Odd in some ways that he was just a sort of symbolic figure sitting on the bench, as if they were simply honouring his contribution to the promotion to top flight--all that with the team doing well. And now he is getting more minutes. I am glad to see it, really am, it's fantastic for him. 

Posted (edited)

Ballou has started for Barça B, home to Castellón. I'm not there, but it's on tv live. 

He looks good, he's very technical, would love to see him have a few breakout games. 

Edit: he was very active first half, they deserved to win as were quite superior, but an own goal made it 1-1. Subbed out m. 70.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Greece - Football League (2nd tier)

January 5
James Stamopoulos started and played 90 minutes for Panachaiki Patras in a 2-1 win over AO Trikala.
Panachaiki are now in 6th place out of 16 clubs.

Manny Aparicio is confirmed to have left his team San Roque de Lepe and is returning to Canada to play, it seems in CPL. As rumoured. The club announced his departure Dec 26th.

http://www.canalcostatv.es/manny-se-despide-del-cd-san-roque-de-lepe-con-una-victoria/

On 1/6/2019 at 2:12 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Manny Aparicio is confirmed to have left his team San Roque de Lepe and is returning to Canada to play, it seems in CPL. As rumoured. The club announced his departure Dec 26th.

http://www.canalcostatv.es/manny-se-despide-del-cd-san-roque-de-lepe-con-una-victoria/

Great to hear. I always thought he had good potential, so I am looking forward to him joining the CanPL. Still only 23, so I could see him doing well and perhaps getting another shot at MLS or even the NT.

Millar went 90 in a 1-1 between the Spurs U23 vs Liverpool U23. His 12th game for the U23's this season.I wonder if he could get a bench appearance for the first team this year. 

3 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Millar went 90 in a 1-1 between the Spurs U23 vs Liverpool U23. His 12th game for the U23's this season.I wonder if he could get a bench appearance for the first team this year. 

As happy as I'd be if it happened, I think the chances have basically dropped to zero. Liverpool drawing top-7 Premier League teams in both domestic cups was unlucky for him, as it took away the option of playing teams comprising largely of the U23s. Even if Origi follows Solanke out the door before the end of the month, there are still too many world-class, experienced internationals in front of him in the pecking order.

Between now and May, Liverpool will play a minimum of 19 PL/CL matches and a maximum of 24. He's got to find a way into a team boasting Salah, Firmino, Mane, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi, Keita, Wijnaldum, and Lallana all able to play across the front three positions. I can't see it happening for him this season with every game being crucial in Liverpool's fight to win two of the most-prestigious trophies in world football.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

As happy as I'd be if it happened, I think the chances have basically dropped to zero. Liverpool drawing top-7 Premier League teams in both domestic cups was unlucky for him, as it took away the option of playing teams comprising largely of the U23s. Even if Origi follows Solanke out the door before the end of the month, there are still too many world-class, experienced internationals in front of him in the pecking order.

Between now and May, Liverpool will play a minimum of 19 PL/CL matches and a maximum of 24. He's got to find a way into a team boasting Salah, Firmino, Mane, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi, Keita, Wijnaldum, and Lallana all able to play across the front three positions. I can't see it happening for him this season with every game being crucial in Liverpool's fight to win two of the most-prestigious trophies in world football.

Good analysis. English glut of games, which often hurts teams in Europe later in the season, should be an incentive for more squad rotation. The question as I see it is whether Liverpool might be willing to rest starters and more for the Cups to ensure a fresh team for the league, which has to be the priority this season.

As a Liverpool fan myself, I am pleased we can get the odd Champions result and clearly it shows the team's character to win the way we have, but not winning the league in so long suggested the team had no ambition to really compete in the day to day, that it had renounced being a powerhouse team of sorts. 

But I am sure your analysis of his slim chances are right. I think Davies has a better chance at Bayern, or even Ballou at Barça this year, with  numerically less attacking options on the first team. 

edit: I realise I stupidly posted without having seen the Liverpool FA Cup result yesterday, had not even checked yet.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Of course chances are slim, it would help if a couple of attacking options get injured or banned for a coupe of games, which usually happens near the end of the season. Still, Liverpool in a Championship hunt obviously will be hard to walk into. 

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

I think he's out of contract in the summer, so, unless he's resigning, there's nothing in it for Liverpool to send him out on loan.

You think they plan to let him walk for free when his contract expires?

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Besiktas played a friendly today against second division Dutch side Helmond. Can't tell much from twitter, but they won 1-0. Hutchinson started and Larin came on as a sub at some point and scored in the 66'.

That's Marcel De Jong first pro club!

4 hours ago, C2SKI said:

You think they plan to let him walk for free when his contract expires?

Spitfire is a better person to ask about that.