• The first step in making some major necessary changes to the Voyageurs, is moving the forum.

The major reasons being:

• Separation of the forum from The Voyageurs as a group to limit possible damage from content. 
    • The ability to more heavily moderate the forum without the sense that people are being suspended or banned from The Voyageurs as a group
    • Decrease the view of the Voyageurs as simply a forum, that many people are not comfortable to join.  They need to join a group.
    • The divisive nature of inter city bullshit
    • The divisive nature of club soccer 
    • Attract those that are soccer fans in this country but do not want to be part of a national team organization and are hesitant to participate in the forum.  
    • Increase in traffic as a general Canadian forum/hub for club and national team soccer can drive more people to The Voyageurs.
    • Drive more traffic to Canadian podcasts and blogs with the forum being integrated into CSN as a general Canadian soccer hub.
    • Impending draconian copyright laws

Please test things out on the new site, and email me at socceronly@gmail.com   If you run into any problems. 

Check out the forum's new home on CSN, which will be built into a general hub for all Canadian soccer.

Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Event suggestions for Voyageurs attendance

On 2/6/2019 at 11:42 AM, gator said:

It is theTouchdown Pub, Endzone is further away, it would be somewhat ironic if a group calledThe BARTON Street Battalion don’t want to go to a pub on Barton Street because it’s too rough for them!

From all my years making the trek down to Hamilton many times, the End Zone is much better. It also is well equipped to handle big crowds.

On 2/6/2019 at 11:42 AM, gator said:

It is theTouchdown Pub, Endzone is further away, it would be somewhat ironic if a group calledThe BARTON Street Battalion don’t want to go to a pub on Barton Street because it’s too rough for them!

Reminds me of the Hudson Street Hooligans lol

As far as the Touchdown Pub (aka: The Dizzy Weasel, aka: The Avon aka: Johnny's) is concerned, the lack of food beyond the deep fryer, craft beer options and ceiling tiles are why many members of the Battalion don't enjoy the Touchdown. Additionally issues with the beer lines, living Halloween decorations on the windows in August and the colorful regulars are a couple other reasons why, I for the most part have generally avoided the place since forgoing my Ti-Cat seasons. 

That said, if you guys love the place that much, who are we to say no? 

Edited by -Hammer-

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

Not worried about Daview whatsoever.

Agree with everyone that the Bild article is just tabloid-esque.

It's more of a shot at Bayern than a diss of Davies, but it's nothing new, people always want to kick the big club while they are down. Most neutrals want to see Bayern fail, because they are so dominant, so when their biggest youth signing (Davies) is listed to play with the reserves, it's a great chance to pile on to Bayern's misery. Davies is just the collateral damage. 

People are just so desperate for teams like Bayern, PSG and Juventus to fall off their throne. It's normal.

What is disappointing is that Sportsnet would take it at face value, echo it and engage in such lazy journalism. The words "bare minimum" come to mind. No analysis or criticism or understanding that players move up and down from the first team to the reserves on a regular basis. 

The media in this country has a long way to go.

I tweeted the Manuel Veth article directly at the Sportsnet clown, Peter Galindo, who regurgitated this stuff with  zero context and tried to make my voice heard through a number of other avenues. We have to keep these "reporters" honest, even if it's a few of us 

On 2/20/2019 at 1:08 PM, -Hammer- said:

As far as the Touchdown Pub (aka: The Dizzy Weasel, aka: The Avon aka: Johnny's) is concerned, the lack of food beyond the deep fryer, craft beer options and ceiling tiles are why many members of the Battalion don't enjoy the Touchdown. Additionally issues with the beer lines, living Halloween decorations on the windows in August and the colorful regulars are a couple other reasons why, I for the most part have generally avoided the place since forgoing my Ti-Cat seasons. 

That said, if you guys love the place that much, who are we to say no? 

Back in 2015 there was a very convenient sheet of drywall sitting on the floor and leaned up against the wall. Behind it was a sketchy looking electrical outlet where I could hide my phone to charge. I wonder if the sheet of drywall is still there. It had a couple of inches of dust on it then so it wouldn't surprise me.