Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Event suggestions for Voyageurs attendance

Going to pin this here, and leave it as on going thing for people to add suggestions as they come across new ideas.

Looking for events we can go to to spread the good word of our lordbob. 

We have enough bits for one booth right now, but I hope to spread that out so we have a couple that can move around. 

Any place you think we should be, post it here.  Soccer shows, club registration nights, large tournaments ect....

Obviously we can't do them all, and it is a learning curve with each event we go to. 

The response has been getting more and more positive. 

CPL openers?

it would be neat to have a Voyageurs section at a few of the league openers. Not their to support a team (wearing and waving Canada red), but simply the league and add atmosphere to the match. 

Posted (edited)
On 1/6/2019 at 5:52 PM, dbailey62 said:

Mississauga MetroStars match?

I'm actually thinking of going Friday if anyone is planning on it?

Edit :(

Edited by zeelaw

On January 7, 2019 at 9:46 AM, zeelaw said:

I'm actually thinking of going Friday if anyone is planning on it?

Edit :(

I had planned to be there but have a conflict. I'll be at the next one!

9 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

..CPL openers? Surprised no traction to this suggestion. We have waited for OUR league for decades

Well, it's not that there is no traction. 

All the booth stuff is in storage in Toronto, and I am in Vancouver. 

The opening games will be long before I get back there. 

On 1/23/2019 at 8:59 PM, socceronly said:

Well, it's not that there is no traction. 

All the booth stuff is in storage in Toronto, and I am in Vancouver. 

The opening games will be long before I get back there. 

How about teaming up with Jamie (Hamilton ticket rep) and setting up a Voyageurs' section, along side the mutual fans from around Canadian? To keep administrative work down, I'd suggest we push through our social channels and network yet direct all ticketing directly to Jamie (Hamilton Forge Jamie not you!). We can then focus on the supporter culture angle.

https://twitter.com/the2ndyellow/status/1090641482959253504https://twitter.com/the2ndyellow/status/109064148295925350

Edited by hamiltonfan

Yes, I think doing something at the opening game for all the strays that will be there would be good. 

But we should be at a separate bar than BSB.  Their bar is too small, and it should be all their people there.

Buddy's is a just under 20min walk.  There are not a lot of other options around there. 

I think other than this game, CanPL games we go to should be V cup games. 

1 hour ago, socceronly said:

Yes, I think doing something at the opening game for all the strays that will be there would be good. 

But we should be at a separate bar than BSB.  Their bar is too small, and it should be all their people there.

Buddy's is a just under 20min walk.  There are not a lot of other options around there. 

I think other than this game, CanPL games we go to should be V cup games. 

This only make sense if there is enough people to disrupt the BSB bar. I can think of a dozen people already... so I think that is enough to avoid it and leave them to their creepy dark rituals. 

4 hours ago, socceronly said:

This only make sense if there is enough people to disrupt the BSB bar. I can think of a dozen people already... so I think that is enough to avoid it and leave them to their creepy dark rituals. 

To update this....

The timing is not good.  11am open, 1pm game and most large bars are far away.

Looking more like one large post game event for everyone.

6 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:
Another suggestion - Endzone Bar & Grill is a large restaurant sports bar. Roughly  25 min walk or 5 minute uber.

Lots of time to figure this out. 

Allen is on it. 

Just now, socceronly said:

I agree, but it is a no go for all the Hammer princesses....lol

What? They don't like it?  It was everything I imagined a Hamilton bar would be, totally awesome.  

Just now, zeelaw said:

What? They don't like it?  It was everything I imagined a Hamilton bar would be, totally awesome.  

I know. Everyone from USector wanted to transplant it close to BMO.

It just had that elegant level of crusty. 

It really is too bad some people didn’t like the Touchdown Pub, yes it’s not the fanciest of places however they did put drink specials and extra staff on for us, it’s big and by far the closest bar to the stadium! I’m not reallly sure what people want for a pre game pub, then again I loved Nick’s Pizza for U-SECTOR events, never any pizza there but they would sell you a half litre Polish beer and put it in a bag to go!😁

1 hour ago, gator said:

It really is too bad some people didn’t like the Touchdown Pub, yes it’s not the fanciest of places however they did put drink specials and extra staff on for us, it’s big and by far the closest bar to the stadium! I’m not reallly sure what people want for a pre game pub, then again I loved Nick’s Pizza for U-SECTOR events, never any pizza there but they would sell you a half litre Polish beer and put it in a bag to go!😁

Yeah, and if you wanted meth, it was there too.  Choices! 

Hands down Nick's Pizza were the nicest bar staff ever (Lisa and J of the Duke excepted of course)

I am confusing my Hammer bar names now though. I thought the crusty place was End Zone. 

We could fit a lot of people in that place too.  I wonder if BSB would lower their standards for a one off if we put together a good event with more than just ... people being there. 

It is theTouchdown Pub, Endzone is further away, it would be somewhat ironic if a group calledThe BARTON Street Battalion don’t want to go to a pub on Barton Street because it’s too rough for them!

15 minutes ago, gator said:

It is theTouchdown Pub, Endzone is further away, it would be somewhat ironic if a group calledThe BARTON Street Battalion don’t want to go to a pub on Barton Street because it’s too rough for them!

The brunch and accompanying prosecco is just not up to supporter level standards.