Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Nike?

11 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Yes. 

Does the Nike deal get us more friendlies though? (men AND women)

Realistically they should be announcing a camp and/or friendlies with this announcement (not necessarily at the same press conference) and we shouldn’t have to worry.  

Im sure they’ll still find a way to hold off on friendlies entirely until after the Gold Cup.

7 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

CSA reporting this as "momentous news and a watershed moment"...so I have to think that the deal is until 2026 and for big bucks.....

One would hope.

I like that of course they used footage of our stadium march and TIFOS. 

I like all the Umbro Canada nostalgia jokes going around (to be fair that first tweet is mine, the second is @Lord Bob ) :

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

This is huge and not surprising given that they got Davies, along with other potential young stars coming from Canada in the future, it makes a lot of sense. Nike probably got the rights on the cheap in a sense but it’s probably the most we’ve ever gotten, the program is rising the ranks fast now. 

1 hour ago, adrenaline said:

Obviously we will be getting bespoke off the shelf templates from Nike. I went ahead and put the CSA logo on five of them that I could find. Which of these do you like best/least?

iu45dqa.jpgD1awX2I.jpga71KhGZ.jpgNEh0Fl4.jpgdaS6IXi.jpg

It will most likely be a red with white accents version of Nike’s Vapor Aeroswift template. 

4 hours ago, Macksam said:

Nike still shilling the refugee angle....he's more than just a refugee dammit.....

Nike has been slickly targetting real issues. The Kappernick thing...the refugee standpoint with whats going on in the USA....the new Raheem Sterling advert against racism.