Sign in to follow this  
Vince193

Jahkeele Marhsall-Rutty

Honestly, I look at that top 10 in scoring and I see 2 TFC kids and one from Montreal and I think about how they claim the competition isn't good enough in their local leagues and they have to play in American leagues instead. TFC just made the switch so no doubt Marshall-Rutty (I just noticed the name is spelled wrong in the thread title, can someone fix that please?) and Mbongue have been playing in Canada until this season (unless they moved to Toronto recently), and yet they developed enough to be elite goal scorers at the USSDA level. I'd rather our best and brightest prospects be playing other local players to help push those other players to be better as well.

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

Honestly, I look at that top 10 in scoring and I see 2 TFC kids and one from Montreal and I think about how they claim the competition isn't good enough in their local leagues and they have to play in American leagues instead. TFC just made the switch so no doubt Marshall-Rutty (I just noticed the name is spelled wrong in the thread title, can someone fix that please?) and Mbongue have been playing in Canada until this season (unless they moved to Toronto recently), and yet they developed enough to be elite goal scorers at the USSDA level. I'd rather our best and brightest prospects be playing other local players to help push those other players to be better as well.

Or is it the fact that Canadian academies are better than American ones and the USSDA competition isn't up to par? It's weird people can't believe when I say that Canada has figured out youth development better than the USA and the average domestic Canadian player could be much more skilled than the average American one. There are reasons why a Canadian team won the PDL this year and Canada sent players to Barcelona and Bayern while the US comes nowhere close.

Maybe along with launching CPL Canada could also launch a national development academy.