Sign in to follow this  
Robert

RHIAN WILKINSON

Spain was like a well oiled machine with computerized fuel injection, while we were operating with an old gravity carburetor.  Was Spain's well executed game the result of good coaching or good selection of players?  I believe it is both.  Such a combination is something we never have.  Knowing the CSA they will stick with Wilkinson the same they stuck with Priestman and her poor coaching.

2 hours ago, The Ref said:

Spain was like a well oiled machine with computerized fuel injection, while we were operating with an old gravity carburetor.  Was Spain's well executed game the result of good coaching or good selection of players?  I believe it is both.  Such a combination is something we never have.  Knowing the CSA they will stick with Wilkinson the same they stuck with Priestman and her poor coaching.

I think you nailed it, but there's always hope. I suspect there's a good chance that Christine Sinclair, at the age of 36, will retire as a player following the 2019 World Cup. By then, she will more than likely hold the all-time record for international goals scored, and to continue playing until the 2023 World Cup, when she will be 40 years old seems like a bit of a stretch. The timing of retirement at that time would be perfect for Sinc to embark on a coaching career, as the following year will feature the 2020 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Final. If the CSA doesn't sign her up ASAP, then US Soccer will no doubt be knocking at her door to make her an offer she can't refuse. Knowing the CSA, I wouldn't be surprised to see C.S. coaching the USA against Canada at the 2023 World Cup.

Do you think Sinc would ever publicly say at a World Cup Final tournament that she was coaching a "world-class" team?