Sign in to follow this  
Olympique_de_Marseille

2018 Voyageurs #CanMNT Player of the Year

1 hour ago, apbsmith said:

I do respect your privacy suggestion on their own personal votes, however I strongly disagree with your "campaigning" post or people not allowed to voice their personal opinion. 

Almost every major league in NA, there are countless articles and interviews by voters and non voters  (journalists, bloggers, executives)  who discussed who they voted for, who they feel should be #1, and stated their personal opinions why.  

I think we should have a thread dedicated to the voting and have another one for people who want to discuss their opinion regarding their choices and who disagree with others.

The ImpactSoccer forum have something similar with a specific thread for a MOTM vote after each game and a general thread for discussion purposes regarding the MOTM.

Nah, half the fun is the mouthing of opinions.  Everybody weighs their PoY based on their own formulas.  By that I mean club play vs internationals, not to mention the strategic voting which happens every year as the race begins to show its trends along with of course our own personal biases.  Keep it all together for maximum effect.

Nope.  In my humble opinion we don't need  separate topics for voting and for discussing the vote.  What we really need is a looong stretch of counter top, a good rack or 8 or 10 beer taps strategically placed and some back ground music.  The back ground music being necessary to provide a polite excuse for all the shouting we would/should be doing at each other. 

So bottoms up.  Here's to all the monkeys who think Borjan, who has had to do exactly the square root of sweet fu'k all during his international appearances in 2018, should be our Canadian International Player of the Year.

Aaaand... duck!     

Is there also an award for Canadian Player of the Year separate and apart how well a player did for the national team?  If not, perhaps there needs to be one so that players with great club from can be fully recognized separate and apart from who the top international player of the year is. Failing that, just acknowledge that international player of the year also includes club form as that's what most people already seem to be doing anyways.  🙂

take care,
romurra

On 12/4/2018 at 11:10 PM, romurra said:

Is there also an award for Canadian Player of the Year separate and apart how well a player did for the national team?  If not, perhaps there needs to be one so that players with great club from can be fully recognized separate and apart from who the top international player of the year is. Failing that, just acknowledge that international player of the year also includes club form as that's what most people already seem to be doing anyways.  🙂

take care,
romurra

Traditionally, the vote for this award tends to see people balance club and NT performance, but technically the only criteria as far as I know is that they need to have played for the national team in the calendar year.