socceronly

Membership brainstorming

2 hours ago, socceronly said:

and carry a bunch with me wherever I am

I know it's a very, very difficult thing to accomplish, but I think success is having a system, organization and process in place to be able to walk away, or take half a year off... and still have things running smoothly and growing. Membership, the website, swag, events... it's way too much for one person, sooner or later your quality of life and health will suffer. Whatever the plan is hopefully that's built into it.

1 hour ago, socceronly said:

Sure, that is possible to set up.

It would be small though. I think the coins would be an unabtrusive thing to collect that wouldn't take up a lot of space. 

Plus, maybe we could use them as tokens to get into some secret fight club.

Posted (edited)

Great suggestions all around! 

My two cents:

- let folks opt out of receive the gifts and direct all funds to our supporters group

- when regestering, allow for folks to donate in addition to membership fee. I suspect many of us will take advantage. We love this group and want to support! 

Amazing work Jamie and all

Edited by hamiltonfan

Jamie, I agree with the single tier membership as the simplest and best way to go. As per 'The Thing' , my vote would to offer membership discounts in the V's Store. This would maximize fundraising thru membership. And if people are looking for swag/merch, a discount to membership will be the reward/benefit. It would also help with the logistical nightmare of rolling out annual membership renewals. 

Good Luck, Thank You, and looking forward to becoming a new member.

I also agree with the discount on swag idea. It will be easier for you and encourages further spending. Also, do include the "donate" option when people sign up. $25 is a reasonable fee and some will want to pay more.

Looking to the future, once membership is up, you can look to get members further deals from soccer supporting businesses. You know, "membership has it's privileges".  CSA could even help you with that, if they are supportive. 

Of the actual give-away options that I've heard, the patch my preference. You can wear a patch with pride, but can't do much with a coin.

Keep up the good work!!!

47 minutes ago, Nerf said:

I also agree with the discount on swag idea. It will be easier for you and encourages further spending. Also, do include the "donate" option when people sign up. $25 is a reasonable fee and some will want to pay more.

Looking to the future, once membership is up, you can look to get members further deals from soccer supporting businesses. You know, "membership has it's privileges".  CSA could even help you with that, if they are supportive. 

Of the actual give-away options that I've heard, the patch my preference. You can wear a patch with pride, but can't do much with a coin.

Keep up the good work!!!

Ran through the patch idea.  I think it would be better to make a variety of items that are either directly embroidered or use a patch. 

Most of the bulk patches you get have a commercial grade adhesive, which means you can't put them on with an iron.  They would need to be sewn. They will go on withe iron, but they won't stay on which is the worst scenario.

I'll be applying them with a proper heat press to get the temperature and pressure needed.

The coin is intended as a collectible, the goal is a broader appeal than us nerds on this forum.   I haven't really seen any great opposition to it. I need to get a final price on them being made.  There would also be special ones for past and future events in addition to the annual one.   If people are really opposed to it, I can find something else.

Gut reaction to this. 

Please take into account we are trying to appeal to a broader audience, get people out to our pre game parties and events and bring in a younger audience. 

Opt out option in effect. 

Year 1.

Passport
Collectible Coin

Year 2. 

Passport or Thing
Collectible coin

Repeat....

18 hours ago, Vic said:

I know it's a very, very difficult thing to accomplish, but I think success is having a system, organization and process in place to be able to walk away, or take half a year off... and still have things running smoothly and growing. Membership, the website, swag, events... it's way too much for one person, sooner or later your quality of life and health will suffer. Whatever the plan is hopefully that's built into it.

There are really only two things that would require making this essentially hands off. 

• We stop doing ticketing and switch to TM codes.   This would kill the organization of the section and our ticket prices would be 30% higher plus additional fees on top of that.  $18 ticket would be, say $27. 
  • We stop making our own products and use a fulfillment apparel service. This has it's advantages and disadvantages.  It's also something we could try while we are also making things just to see how it goes.  The quality on these services is often random. 

Well then, shit just got a lot simpler.

The eCommerce system in our platform is quite sophisticated, in that it has a lot of options.  The subscriptions system does not.

In the eCommerce system you can set up a recurring product like Hosting, but not subscriptions. I had 100% assumed Subscriptions fell under eCommerce.  It has so many options you can't know them all. I assumed it was there. 

You can't add shipping into a subscription, you can't add upgrade options into a subscription ect....   

I think this is a blessing in disguise. 

No, I was right from the start.   Ignore all that crap above.

Passport and patches.

In order to have something to put the patches on.... perhaps we could all use a little Bob and Doug.

You can put your patches on a Voyageurs dinner jacket and wear a proper Voyageurs toque. 

The uniform of pure class..... ;)

voyageurs-toque.jpgTough Duck i964 Solar Fleece Work Shirt | Red Plaid | Sizes Medium - 3XL Work Wear - Cleanflow

So who would rock that combo above?

The dinner jacket you could get from any thrift store... the more ragged the better.

I like the idea of them all being different,  but the same style and covered in the same patches.

14 hours ago, socceronly said:

So who would rock that combo above?

The dinner jacket you could get from any thrift store... the more ragged the better.

I like the idea of them all being different,  but the same style and covered in the same patches.

I'd wear it :)

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

FWIW, all future thrift shop visits will now involve searching for a sweet retro plaid lumberjack jacket until I find the right one.  Pinky swear. 

Sidenote..... Is it technically a plaid?

On 1/5/2019 at 2:22 PM, socceronly said:

Passport and patches.

In order to have something to put the patches on.... perhaps we could all use a little Bob and Doug.

You can put your patches on a Voyageurs dinner jacket and wear a proper Voyageurs toque. 

voyageurs-toque.jpgTough Duck i964 Solar Fleece Work Shirt | Red Plaid | Sizes Medium - 3XL Work Wear - Cleanflow

Now, is this allowed?

Men's Buffalo Check Overalls

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2019 at 5:22 PM, socceronly said:

Passport and patches.

1FF9DB44-D69B-4005-9802-58A21086AFA3.jpeg

I’m definitely down.

Edited by BuzzAndSting

On 1/5/2019 at 9:07 PM, DontPanic said:

I’d totally wear that jacket toque combo. Imagine 100 of us at a pub or marching to a game. 

*blink*....*blink-blink*

Fu'k that shit!  I'll meet you at the match.