Olympique_de_Marseille

Canada vs French Guiana Sunday March 24th 2019 in Vancouver

1 hour ago, ImYourKeeper said:

Let's not kid ourselves.  Their D and mids are both better than ours.  And their forward line is much more experienced.  Maybe our starting keeper is better, but not by much. Their midfield has McKennie, Pulisic, Bradley, Roldan.  We don't even come close right now lol.  Those guys play on bigger clubs and have much more pedigree and international reputation

Alright, the first 3 names I can agree with but really?  Roldan would not start for the current Canada team.  

I'm not sure Schalke, Chelsea, Toronto FC and Seattle are much bigger clubs than Bayern Munich, Besiktas, Rangers and Cardiff.  Yes, they definitely have a lot more international experience and reputation.  I think if we played more games we could grow our reputation as well, but we don't seem interested.

Believe it or not we do come close.  Yes, the USA edges us in midfield .. especially if you use common sense and replace Roland with Adams.  But it's not "we don't even come close". 

Edited by Keegan

2 minutes ago, socceronly said:

And based on this... if there is any Vancouver Voyageur who can't go to this game for financial reasons, they can't afford a ticket, message me. I'll get you into this game. 

51 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

Arfield is injured, Johnson went off injured, Teibert didn’t even make the first 18 for the game today. Our stacked midfield is suddenly looking a little thinner before next weekend’s game.

Akindele is injured as well so wouldnt be able to be called as a replacement. 

Maybe raheem edwards gets called in as a replacement? 

51 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

Arfield is injured, Johnson went off injured, Teibert didn’t even make the first 18 for the game today. Our stacked midfield is suddenly looking a little thinner before next weekend’s game.

Johnson and Tiebert werent likely going to be in the 18 anyways.  Depending on Herdman's system, we could see Kay, Osorio or Piette step in and start along with odds on favs Davies, Hutch and Hoilett if Arfield cant make it.  

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Johnson and Tiebert werent likely going to be in the 18 anyways.  Depending on Herdman's system, we could see Kay, Osorio or Piette step in and start along with odds on favs Davies, Hutch and Hoilett if Arfield cant make it.  

What 18? We can have 23 players on the gameday squad. 11 starting and up to 12 on the bench. We had 12 players on the bench for most of our CNLQ matches. (I'm not sure if the match in Toronto where Arfield was injured had 12 players)

Edited by Blackdude
forgot one word

12 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

Looks like Jamaica added a friendly with Costa Rica to go with their CNL match. Frustrating that we haven't done the same.

Agreed. While we toy with minnows, others are preparing for lions.

And...only fourteen men, at most, will play in Vancouver. With so many really decent footballers in the mix now, it will be harder and harder to keep the benched satisfied and still a legitimately contributing part of the squad. Playing only a bare-minimum number of matches hurts us a lot in the long run.

Edited by nolando

Hi fellow soccer junkies.  I was wondering if there was a march planned?  My son will be attending his first Team Canada game and I was hoping he can experience all of the excitement.  I was also hoping to clarify the meetup on Saturday night.  Will it be all ages?

On 3/16/2019 at 5:22 PM, Boominbooty said:

Not really.  Hutch and Osorio still start.  Piette and Kaye are 4th and 5th on our CM depth chart are both are in form and ready to start for Arfield.

Hutch, Piette and Osorio is still a great central midfield.

1 hour ago, Matt Prosk said:

Hi fellow soccer junkies.  I was wondering if there was a march planned?  My son will be attending his first Team Canada game and I was hoping he can experience all of the excitement.  I was also hoping to clarify the meetup on Saturday night.  Will it be all ages?

@socceronly ?

2 hours ago, Matt Prosk said:

Vs events are always all ages. 

3 hours ago, Matt Prosk said:

Definitely come to Library Square, it is all ages.

As for a march, I'll find out this week.  Not sure what the current situation is with the police in Vancouver and the supporters groups.  In Toronto it's a no go right now. 

On 3/17/2019 at 12:25 AM, Vince193 said:

Looks like Jamaica added a friendly with Costa Rica to go with their CNL match. Frustrating that we haven't done the same.

El Salvador is also playing a friendly, against Peru, 3 days after their decisive CNL game against Jamaica. 

Tough to accept that we really want to make a run at the GC, when we dont prepare seriously like the other teams do. 

I would really like to know about the broadcast of this match, it's less than a week away and we still have heard nothing that I know of, makes it hard to plan viewing parties!

8 minutes ago, gator said:

I would really like to know about the broadcast of this match, it's less than a week away and we still have heard nothing that I know of, makes it hard to plan viewing parties!

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that the broadcast details should be released today but knowing the CSA who knows...