Sign in to follow this  
Big_M

Vancouver Whitecaps offseason 2018-2019

On 12/12/2018 at 2:03 PM, The Beaver said:

From what I can tell, MDS has taken care of the workaday foundation of the team and will now go abroad to sign the higher quality talent the team needs.  What is exciting to see is that he has a very clear idea of the sort of player he is looking for, both in terms of technical ability and temperament. Time will tell, but I get the feeling the Caps will have a very clear identity under MDS, something that was not always the case under Robbo. (Yeah, for a period of time we were a countering side, but it was often naïve and too one-dimensional.)

Excited to see who MDS signs. We need some top talent, and we have the cash to do so.  From things he has said, I expect MDS to bring in a number of players from south east Asia. Should be an interesting off season. I like what I am seeing so far. 

It's starting to look like we're going to be the de facto second expansion team alongside Cincinnati next year, it's that dramatic of a housecleaning.

3 hours ago, nolando said:

It's starting to look like we're going to be the de facto second expansion team alongside Cincinnati next year, it's that dramatic of a housecleaning.

It would be a good pool to play involving which Robbo holdovers remain on the roster for opening day of 2020.

Loving the outgoings so far (Kamara excluded and obvs keeping waston would have been great but only if he wanted to be here).

Not in the least excited by any of the incomings but excited to see the bigger picture develop.

Some serious money and room to revamp the squad now. 

Juarez is next out the door.