Sign in to follow this  
Rocket Robin

2019 Voyageurs Cup

Vaughan Azzurri book their place in next year's Voyageur's Cup by winning the League 1 One Championship game 2-0 over Woodbridge today, Saturday October 20th, 2018.  

It wouldn't surprize me if Vaughan is weakened next year by CPL teams raiding their roster for players to stock their own teams.  

Defender Shiquan Lowe earned maybe a tryout by going out to Winnipeg for the Thursday and Friday CPL trials and making the final cut then traveling back to Ontario to be on today's Vaughan roster.  He was an unused substitute this afternoon.     

Edited by Rocket Robin

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Any inkling what the format might be with 2 semi-pro teams, 8 CPL+USL + 3 MLS?

Lots of speculation all over the board, but nothing has been announced as of yet.

Mathematically (and I know this will upset people), the most sensible way is: 7 CPL (there's no 8th) + USL + 2 semi-pro in the first round, home and away.  That cuts it down to 5 teams, plus the 3 MLS.  So it's an easy quarterfinal/semi-final/final format after that.  I know people don't want to be giving the MLS teams any kind of "status", but it's the way that makes the most logical sense until you have season of CPL and a way to properly rank those teams.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:02 AM, Watchmen said:

Mathematically (and I know this will upset people), the most sensible way is: 7 CPL (there's no 8th) + USL + 2 semi-pro in the first round, home and away.  That cuts it down to 5 teams, plus the 3 MLS.  So it's an easy quarterfinal/semi-final/final format after that.  I know people don't want to be giving the MLS teams any kind of "status", but it's the way that makes the most logical sense until you have season of CPL and a way to properly rank those teams.

Thats the most simple straight forward way for the time being. The only thing I would do is make the first round draw regional as I don't see it viable for the D3 semi-pro sides to go on a cross country road trip from a financial standpoint. 

East Pool

Forge (Hamilton)

York

Halifax

Ottawa

Vaughn

Blainville

West Pool

Pacific FC (Vancouver Island)

Edmonton

Cavalry FC (Calgary)

Valour FC (Winnipeg)