socceronly

The Voyageurs are now officially a federally incorporated non profit

12 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

He also mentions the Canada as visitors problem.  

The author was super critical - love it.

On 11/10/2018 at 8:08 AM, rob.notenboom said:

I believe Reza was in attendance at the Canada vs China game at the WWC in Edmonton in 2015. He was pointed out to me. I’d intended to go say hi and thank him but never got the chance. 

It must have been pretty cool at least to be able to stand back and watch something still going that he was so instrumental in creating almost 20 years before. 

Yes he was, with his little girls. I went to say hello as we hadn't seen each other in years. As I posted before, Reza and I wrote up the first Voyageurs Christmas cards to Cdns abroad back in 99 or so. 

1 minute ago, Ed_S said:

Yes he was, with his little girls. I went to say hello as we hadn't seen each other in years. As I posted before, Reza and I wrote up the first Voyageurs Christmas cards to Cdns abroad back in 99 or so. 

Really something we should bring back. 

Should we do it this year?

1 minute ago, socceronly said:

Really something we should bring back. 

Should we do it this year?

Not a bad idea but times have changed. You can 'friend' players on FB, follow them on Instagram or tweet them these days. The fan/player experience has totally changed. Being far away from home isn't what it used to be said the old codger. 

3 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

Not a bad idea but times have changed. You can 'friend' players on FB, follow them on Instagram or tweet them these days. The fan/player experience has totally changed. Being far away from home isn't what it used to be said the old codger. 

True.  But there is something nice about a card, or it could be something else. 

6 hours ago, socceronly said:

True.  But there is something nice about a card, or it could be something else. 

I forgot all about the cards.  Hell, I'd throw in some money to fund this excellent endeavour if we wanted to start this up again.

Things aren't the way they used to be, true enough but how often do you get anything in the post anymore?  Anything that matters?  Does stand out when you receive it though doesn't it?

Could be great fun.  Designing cards and making lists and what not.  A Vs community event for those who are interested. 

Good Lord, don't I sound nostalgic.  

Being an official non-profit is something that I have wanted for some time, and proud and delighted that this has happened.  Many congratulations to socceronly, and any other members who have been a part of this. 

You know, I've been around this board for some time, many highs lows.  I'm not familiar with official structuring of a Board, but I'd be disappointed to see influential members of the Voyageurs who have been long term leaders and have carried this organization be excluded from our leadership.  Socceronly is the clear example in this case, but there have been so many others over the years.  Whatever is to come next, we need those people to continue to lead.

Very well done, and Congratulations!

Do we have a Board of Directors and who are they?  I assume a list of initial directors was named in the application for incorporation.  Do we also have a set of Bylaws?

Edited by The Ref

19 hours ago, The Ref said:

Do we have a Board of Directors and who are they?  I assume a list of initial directors was named in the application for incorporation.  Do we also have a set of Bylaws?

I am currently the only director.

We do have a set of bylaws, I want to sit down with Martin first and make sure what I am posting are the correct documents.  

I met with Aubrey, and I'll have all the inventory tallied when I go back to Vancouver in December.  Inventory is in two (actually three) places right now.  When that is done Aubrey will have a set of basic financials up to get things started. Bank account is set up with BMO. 

I am just finishing a course right now, and my final project is due on Dec 5th.  Back on the horse then. 

Currently having conversations with people about what we should actually do/can do, how we should impliment membership and waiting on meeting with some people from Canada Soccer also.