Robert

UEFA Nations League - Netherlands v Germany (Oct. 13, 2018) [R]

I'm sure in your own little world this belongs in the Voyageurs sub-forum, but it doesn't.

Oh, and the thread title should have an [R] since this clearly reveals the Dutch have scored on Germany today.

Coaching staff[edit]

Position Name
Head Coach Netherlands Ronald Koeman
Assistant Coach Netherlands Dwight Lodeweges
Assistant Coach Netherlands Kees van Wonderen
Goalkeeping Coach Netherlands Patrick Lodewijks
Fitness Coach Netherlands Jan Kluitenberg
Physician Netherlands Gert-Jan Goudswaard

Dwight Lodeweges
Personal information
Date of birth 26 October 1957 (age 60)
Place of birth Turner Valley, Alberta, Canada
Playing position Defender

2 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I'm sure in your own little world this belongs in the Voyageurs sub-forum, but it doesn't.

Oh, and the thread title should have an [R] since this clearly reveals the Dutch have scored on Germany today.

Thanks. I keep mistaking this for the soccer for grown-ups sub-forum, and completely understand why a group consisting of France, Germany and the Netherlands would be of no interest here.

22 minutes ago, Robert said:

Thanks. I keep mistaking this for the soccer for grown-ups sub-forum, and completely understand why a group consisting of France, Germany and the Netherlands would be of no interest here.

That would be of interest in the "World Soccer" sub-forum, where adults with all their faculties would understand the difference between Canada and the rest of the world.

Hey. The man with the remote-control always wins!

While some of us enjoy a healthy dose of community television on stations like CKED-DT, there are those who prefer to stay informed on breaking international news, whether that involves Canada or not!

What was the top news story in global soccer today? What are soccer-interested people in Hong Kong, New York, Rio and a million other places talking about right now? Canadian kids paying $200 to tryout for a CanPL team? Not.

Time to change the channel! Again!

3 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

3 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

I don't hear people about the Netherlands winning. I hear people are talking about Germany losing. That's what was mentioned in soccer site. 

Just now, Blackdude said:

What did the Netherlands do in the past 4 years? 

No shame in getting eliminated by France, the World Champs. Sweden was no slouch either. Just ask any Italian. But hey, what can I expect from a Dude who follows Gibraltar? Gibraltar?? Gibraltar??? Is that country big enough to have a soccer pitch? Common Man. De Dutch have more speed than 10 Sanons put together. Gibraltar? Oh Man, get REAL:. 😂

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

No shame in getting eliminated by France, the World Champs. Sweden was no slouch either. Just ask any Italian. But hey, what can I expect from a Dude who follows Gibraltar? Gibraltar?? Gibraltar??? Is that country big enough to have a soccer pitch? Common Man. De Dutch have more speed than 10 Sanons put together. Gibraltar? Oh Man, get REAL:. 😂

What about finishing behind Czech Republic, Iceland and Turkey? Being able to only get 1 point out of 18. Also, yes, Gibraltar winning their first match is a big deal since they went and did it in Armenia. Germany just had their worst World Cup and it's a program that needs to do some soul searching. 

8 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

What about finishing behind Czech Republic, Iceland and Turkey? Being able to only get 1 point out of 18. Also, yes, Gibraltar winning their first match is a big deal since they went and did it in Armenia. Germany just had their worst World Cup and it's a program that needs to do some soul searching. 

If this doesn't shut you up, nothing will. Turn up the volume before you start watching. Enjoy:

On 10/14/2018 at 1:13 AM, Blackdude said:

Gibraltar won its first ever international match. 

My sister was there just last week, she raved about the place.  She said the tour guides were very complimentary of Canadian diamond bits doing a lot of tunneling there.  Aside from that, her cruise ship was playing Smash Up Derby with another cruise ship.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread of dementia.