Jump to content
socceronly

Is signing up for this site really so horrible?

Recommended Posts

I get people are tired of signing up for sites & services ect.   This site allows you to connect via FB and Twitter so it's not hard.  I could add more things like that but I don't think it would make a difference. 

This site has

  • No pop ups
  • No auto play videos
  • No ads
  • No tracking of any kind
  • No spam email
  • No page exit harrasment
  • No annoying chat window
  • No fake sponsored content

And people are buying tickets from TM and paying a lot more becuase they refuse to sign up for this site?  Ridiculous. 

More than once people have said, "don't worry, I'll just move into the section"  Don't worry? That is a f&%^&ing pain in the ass that causes problems for me, security and the people who bought tickets with us. 

Since we moved ticket sales into the site, instead of on an open Pay Pal button it has murdered ticket sales. 

I was hoping if we just left it that way people would come around, but they haven't.   I will leave it that way, because moving forward with higher profile games coming  and joint events with the CSA for members only, we will need to control things a bit. 

Not sure what the solution is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all about ease of access. An open paypal button is click and done. Mine uses a fingerprint reader to sign off so I don't have to do a thing.

Once you have to login, it takes that half second more to get tickets. It's frustrating. And some people are worried about "tracking". See it all the time even with for profit institutions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Levi Oakey said:

It's all about ease of access. An open paypal button is click and done. Mine uses a fingerprint reader to sign off so I don't have to do a thing.

Once you have to login, it takes that half second more to get tickets. It's frustrating. And some people are worried about "tracking". See it all the time even with for profit institutions. 

Yeah, I get that the Internet is so full of fuckery now it's getting painful to use. 

I may put the Pay Pal buttons up again as an expirement and see what happens. 

If it really does make a difference then maybe we have to find some middle ground whatever that may be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just gonna put this out there, but maybe the ticket sales are murdered because this is a CONCACAF Nations League (whatever the fuck that is /casual fan) match vs. Dominica?

If we're playing Mexico or USA in the SF round of WCQ in the next 18-24 months and ticket sales are shit, then worry. Though at that point if people want to pay double that's their problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly speaking as a new member on this forum and looking to get into following the CNTs, I initially had zero idea tickets could be purchased via this group.

I bought tickets to this match off the national team site which pointed me initially to TM (I bought the me +3 package) - this was back in July. The posters on the subway today also point soley to TM. Also the tickets for supporters section isn't updated on the national team site - i.e. No links on the Dominica v Canada page that point to this group's ticket sales.

If I had known about this supporters group (casual fan of the sport) I would of bought tickets via this group - even if I had to sign up.

I think as a collective we need to continue sharing the group and it's events/promotions through our social media accounts to drive traffic to your ticket page. I've shared the game via FB (the voyageurs created event) and through instagram stories that are promoting the game. I don't have a crazy following on SM but I know at least 40 people saw my post. All posts pointed to the ticket sales here.

That being said, again speaking from a casual fan's perspective, there is probably some hesitancy to sit in the supporters section (not use to the level of awesomeness), discouraged by the limited selection of seats (limited to a certain section of the stadium), and unfamiliarity with the group's ticketing system (everyone knows TM, everyone likes the security of PayPal).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I mean is it because Nations' League isn't WCQ also? 

No, it's across the board. 

Women's games, men's games, this is the maybe the sixth or seventh game we have done rolling the tickets into the site. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Just gonna put this out there, but maybe the ticket sales are murdered because this is a CONCACAF Nations League (whatever the fuck that is /casual fan) match vs. Dominica?

If we're playing Mexico or USA in the SF round of WCQ in the next 18-24 months and ticket sales are shit, then worry. Though at that point if people want to pay double that's their problem.

No, it's not their problem really. If we can't maintain our sales, we can't hold whole sections.

We sold way more tickets to Dominica last time we played them. And sales are down massively for every game we have the tickets sold through the site (even though it is still Pay Pal)

So I am probably going to put the Pay Pal buttons back up after I remove all the SG groups on Monday and see what happens. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the lower ticket sales, has there been an improvement in ‘composition’ of the sections? By this I mean are there fewer people who are simply there for the free ticket and who are not keen to do supporter’s things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Despite the lower ticket sales, has there been an improvement in ‘composition’ of the sections? By this I mean are there fewer people who are simply there for the free ticket and who are not keen to do supporter’s things?

That is a problem, as anyone who remembers my rant about, I think, our last game in Toronto.

I think we just have to build it back up, but how and who is the question.  This also coincides with the ageing of the Toronto supporters groups with no means of replenishing the groups because of how the sections are set up.    I suspect Vancouver will see the same thing to some degree though less because I think they do a much better job of getting people involved and have some flexibility to bring new people into the sections.

The problem is far more complex than this site.

12 years ago, it would not be uncommon to see an age range of people at a pre game party from 15-60+ sitting around a table talking about DeRo. That is no longer the case.   What are people's options in their 20's to go to a TFC game?  Buy tickets on StubHub for $90US?  The people who bought TFC seasons when they were 25 now have kids, and no new 25 year olds replaced them. 

Take the last few women's games.  This is all anectdotal, (I am going to request some demographic data cause I think this is important) Young kids & teenage girls and women over 30, I would even say 35+.  It seems to me very few women or men in their 20's at these games. Now before you go calling me a perv, I spend my time at all games watching.  Watching everything I can. What are people wearing, how are they acting, who is here who is not ect....

I do think this team's quality, more games and more quality opposition will truly  turn things around.  However, if the system is wrong, if our approach is wrong then the increase in numbers back up will hide that and we will not be achieving what we could. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, I've bought tickets with us in the past. This time around I'm bringing a kids soccer team plus parents (43 in total!) and they are less interested in sitting in a supporter's section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Saviola7 said:

For what it's worth, I've bought tickets with us in the past. This time around I'm bringing a kids soccer team plus parents (43 in total!) and they are less interested in sitting in a supporter's section.

We have had 'family' sections in the past.  A section next to the V's. The goal here was to get young people interested.

I would like to bring this back in the future and make the experience a good one for families and kids but still separate from us. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, socceronly said:

We have had 'family' sections in the past.  A section next to the V's. The goal here was to get young people interested.

I would like to bring this back in the future and make the experience a good one for families and kids but still separate from us. 

 

Understood - and I might have asked for one, but we were encouraged by the league (OPDL)/OS to buy in their section at a discounted rate. We were also told the kids might be ball retrievers/flag bearers.

 

Will consider that for future matches though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saviola7 said:

Understood - and I might have asked for one, but we were encouraged by the league (OPDL)/OS to buy in their section at a discounted rate. We were also told the kids might be ball retrievers/flag bearers.

 

Will consider that for future matches though.

How much were the tickets anyway?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is tough to do on game day as many are unwilling ... it’s work when most just want to be hanging out and having a good time. But some kind of in-section education program (even if it was just a flyer or something) might help explain the situation to newbies and get a few of them on board. Just a thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would do anything not to buy through TM. Next time there is a game in Van, I'll be using this site. Can't speak to why others wouldn't. I find TM to be a major pain in the ass to use and I just hate paying their fees. But I am not in the demographic that you are wanting to encourage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opening the PayPal button back up seems like a smart move to test impact.

Have we had much dialogue / support with each of the three TFC support groups..Inebriatti, RPB, U sector? How is their participation vs historical? Having those group support may be a quick way to boost numbers for this match.

Edited by hamiltonfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×