Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Voyageurs doing awesome stuff - Soju in China

1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

China has an African tv network?

Yes. They have Panamanian announcers and have secured exclusive rights to broadcast all Canadian MNT matches until 2024.

19 minutes ago, Soju said:

Yeah it doesn't really make sense.

But it's not that odd. Only in our traditional sense of tv networks. 

There are a lot of Africans in China, many fans of German football in Africa... ect.

Just becauset the network is in China, doesn't mean that is the only scope.  What does it even mean for a network these days to be 'in' China.  Of course this does not translate to geolocked broadcast rights ect.... but you get what I mean. 

On Wed Sep 26 2018 at 10:26 AM, Grizzly said:

China has an African tv network?

Yes and in terms of football it currently has licensing agreements to show Bundesliga, French Ligue 1, and Europa league fixtures. China is very actively forming ties with African nations on several fronts, media being one of them.

5 minutes ago, Soju said:

Yes and in terms of football it currently has licensing agreements to show Bundesliga, French Ligue 1, and Europa league fixtures. China is very actively forming ties with African nations on several fronts, media being one of them.

Is this network a Chinese tv network that will be broadcast in Africa? That makes sense as yes China is very active in Africa and becoming a big player in Africa (in a much more non-violent manner than our Western "democracies"). I was thinking it was a tv station for Africans living in China which would make less sense since the number of Africans living there is very small.

Looking back aside from the will he wont he media jerk off, he had a logical case for repping the nation that developed him and where he came of age and hashed out his identity...or what am I forgetting? teach me how to hate again.

Edited by Soju