Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Looking for Voyageurs IT nerd - Small Project

I tried to set up our domain for email, but ran into some problems in getting it to work.   Not sure what the issue was

Looking for someone with more nerd skills to set this up.

We now have a great deal of trouble contacting people, so I am setting up a newsletter to go out regularly. 

In order to do this we need to use something like Contstant Contact or a similar service with a properly set up domain, otherwise almost nothing gets through.

There is some kind of technical challenge here involving where the site is hosted, domain registrar, mx records, constant contact and Google. 

I would like to have the mailing list set up for the October 16th game.  

Anyone out there nerd savvy enough to solve this?  It should be rather simple to set up, but I am not sure what the issue is here.

Thanks
JM

2 hours ago, socceronly said:

I tried to set up our domain for email, but ran into some problems in getting it to work.   Not sure what the issue was

Looking for someone with more nerd skills to set this up.

We now have a great deal of trouble contacting people, so I am setting up a newsletter to go out regularly. 

In order to do this we need to use something like Contstant Contact or a similar service with a properly set up domain, otherwise almost nothing gets through.

There is some kind of technical challenge here involving where the site is hosted, domain registrar, mx records, constant contact and Google. 

I would like to have the mailing list set up for the October 16th game.  

Anyone out there nerd savvy enough to solve this?  It should be rather simple to set up, but I am not sure what the issue is here.

Thanks
JM

I'm not to familiar with Constant Contact, but they do have a community that could probably help you out better than we could. 

https://community.constantcontact.com

Hope this helps.

I've already had a go at it.  Need someone who knows more about it.

CC isn't the problem, it's the set up of the mx records from the registrar with a domain pointed to a cloud hosting service while trying to use say a Gmail business account. 

49 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

I don’t know the first thing about this. But I passed on your question and was told that it would be worth looking into MailChimp. 

CC, MailChimp ect are services you use when your email works 

They are not the current problem. Those are easy to use with working email.

We need email set up such that it gets passed the new rigorous email rules.

You can send email through any service from any email.... But you will just be paying to send them to Oblivion.

9 hours ago, socceronly said:

CC, MailChimp ect are services you use when your email works 

They are not the current problem. Those are easy to use with working email.

We need email set up such that it gets passed the new rigorous email rules.

You can send email through any service from any email.... But you will just be paying to send them to Oblivion.

I see. 

On 9/18/2018 at 11:02 PM, Dub Narcotic said:

I may be able to help but I'm out of the country right away and won't be back until early October. I'll try and remember to check back when I get back into town.

Sure, early October is good. 

On 9/21/2018 at 6:27 PM, Jahinho Guerro said:

I can look into this, I setup/manage a few email services for clients...let me know.

That would be great.

I'll PM you some more details when I get back this afternoon.

Thanks

JM