Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Booth Ideas & Working Trade Shows

It has been really great setting up at games in Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver.

It's not a high volume impact, but I do really think it is valuable.   Having great conversations with people and it really shows how much of a desire there is out there for... something. 

Telling the story of the Voyageurs cup, goes over really well.  In some small manner it connects people as fans to the game.   

Talking about how the Voyageurs cup connects the teams and them as fans to the greater world of soccer is also extremely effective.  Even knowledgeable soccer people who knew this on some level, just don't for some reason make the connection.   That little bit of context and perspective makes a difference, you can physically see the 'ah ha' moment.  

Talking about Nations League is simply impossible.   It's like really hard to do and explaining brain surgery would be easier. 

Looking for booth / table ideas for the Allstate Soccer Show and working outside. Keep this in mind, even the slightest tiniest breeze you would never take notice of, destroys almost everything you want to set up.

I want to replicate this booth in multiple locations for Voyageurs LOCs to use.   It all needs to fit in a regular sized sedan so no special vehicles are required.

Currently have

Table & banner that fits on table.
10x10 red tent

Probably going to buy some portable product displays
Looking for some heavy duty easels to take advantage of my large format printer

Anyone have any ideas for drawing people in?   I think the advent of street teams have make people weary of anyone handing things out....

Posted (edited)

As a guy who does these things with several groups I suggest you keep it simple:

Generic business cards

Bowl of candy

small flyer (half-page max) with info on next event/game

tablecloth with printed web address on front and side skirts

Edited by ted

4 minutes ago, ted said:

As a guy who does these things with several groups I suggest you keep it simple:

Generic business cards

Bowl of candy

small flyer (half-page max) with info on next event/game

tablecloth with printed web address on front and side skirts

The banner functions that way,  I should take a picture of it set up.

For the allstate show, I am going to do the following.

1.  Getting some aluminum easels.   I can make large format prints easily, and put them on foam core (I have a 24" printer)    With this I can easily make new ones to fit the occasion and change it up.  They are not expensive, and if I grommet the foam core I can use zip ties to secure them to the easel. 

2. Getting a 32" tv/monitor to loop videos on.  Easy to move, lots of cheap options available and loop off my phone locally with a chrome cast.

3.  Getting one or two of these (breaks down easily) https://www.uline.ca/BL_2285/Tradeshow-Literature-Rack?keywords=Trade+Show

4. Getting one of these for shirts & scarves. https://www.uline.ca/BL_1445/Gridwall-Mobile-Tower?keywords=grid+display

Between all of these things it maximizes portability, flexibility and cost.

Any other suggestions.....? 

Going to drop the easels. 

Rather get something like a heavier weight a frame sidewalk sandwich board.  Every single event we have done outside has had trouble with wind.   I think the easels will just be a pain in the ass.

Not sure if there are any pictures of the booth at the Allstate soccer show. 

I'll see if I can find one.   I know Dave & Aubrey took some, my camera on my phone is busted. 

15 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

I’ve used the below company for such display signs. Turned out very well and best price I found.

Rebecca Tsang
Element Display

Price is 20 dollars more from this company I've worked with multiple times. 

www.Expandpromotions.ca

7 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

If wind has been an issue, these don't look like they would solve that problem.

Could be, I haven't experienced wind issues with these.... But I haven't experienced these on a windy day. 

Aren't these displays typically used inside the stadium or inside a building?