CanPL4Goderich

Goderich CPL

On 10/12/2018 at 1:39 PM, Rintaran said:

Are cookies pastry? I always kinda kept them in their own category...

I'm not the world's best footy tactician, but I did graduate with straight A's (both in practical and theory) from Baking school.

No, cookies are not pastries.  Cookies lack, what we call in the industry, squishy-fluffiness.  (plus they're not made with pastry flour, etc.)

As for putting raisins in cookies, it's extremely difficult, even for the most experienced bakers, to make oatmeal raisin cookies without raisins.

The development of Canadians by the CPL is bound to put us over the top in CONCACAF, with the best bakeries, finally surpassing St. Kitts.

Edited by SuperCanuck
because I completely buggered the thing up the first time

6 hours ago, Keegan said:

If you're referring to Phillips Bakery that's in St. Vincent.. right next to the library IIRC.  

You know when Wesley Charles, who is a St Vincent and Granadine national, played for Whitecaps in 2009-09, someone at the Southside came up with a Phillips Bakery chant. All I can remember, and I was only there that summer for maybe 2-3 games, was it ended "Phillips BAK-ery!!". Wish someone here could remind us how it went.

On 2/2/2019 at 9:08 AM, Keegan said:

If you're referring to Phillips Bakery that's in St. Vincent.. right next to the library IIRC.  

I stand corrected, thank you.  

However, if you're going to name a small island country in the Caribbean St Vincent and the Grenadines, and there's already a small island country in the Caribbean called St. Kitts and Nevis, you deserve a little confusion, no matter how good your national bakery is, and how close it is to the library.

3 hours ago, SuperCanuck said:

I stand corrected, thank you.  

However, if you're going to name a small island country in the Caribbean St Vincent and the Grenadines, and there's already a small island country in the Caribbean called St. Kitts and Nevis, you deserve a little confusion, no matter how good your national bakery is, and how close it is to the library.

6 countries in the world have the word “and” in their name. CONCACAF has 4 of them. So we are number 1 at something I guess.

4 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Without Googling:

Bosnia and Herzegovina

St Kitts and Nevis

Antigua and Barbuda

St Vincent and the Grenadines

Trinidad and Tobago

Cripes, what’s the sixth? Turks and Caicos is not a country. 

Aha!

Sao Tome and Principe!!!

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

13 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

That didn't make the list I found, which admittedly was just a Sporcle quiz :)

Rob got the ones I was referring to.