jpg75

The Importance of Alphonso Davies

31 minutes ago, RS said:

Both Robben and RIbery are injured. Davies' chances of getting playing time right away have increased.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/11603458/franck-ribery-injured-in-bayern-munich-training-match

Not to exhibit schadenfreude, but...yay?

And torn muscle fibres doesn't sound entirely benign.  Don't want to wish Ribery ill, but I hope Davies gets a chance and impresses the folks in charge.  Would be great if he could immediately give them the impression that he is ready for the big time.

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not to exhibit schadenfreude, but...yay?

And torn muscle fibres doesn't sound entirely benign.  Don't want to wish Ribery ill, but I hope Davies gets a chance and impresses the folks in charge.  Would be great if he could immediately give them the impression that he is ready for the big time.

Its a coverup, Bayern was too embarrassed to admit Ribery has a nugget of gold removed from his leg.  

It's looking more and more like the Phonz is going to make his Bayern debut in this match on Sunday, isn't it?

Friendly SUN | 13/01/2019 | ‎12‎:‎00‎

Fortuna Düsseldorf F95 Fortuna Düsseldorf
‎12‎:‎00‎
FC Bayern MunichFC Bayern Munich

On 1/10/2019 at 12:08 PM, RS said:

Both Robben and RIbery are injured. Davies' chances of getting playing time right away have increased.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/11603458/franck-ribery-injured-in-bayern-munich-training-match

Maybe Ribery got injured by when hit by a gold-covered steak someone threw at him. Either that or it was a large pebble in his socks.

On the Totally Football Show podcast, when talking about Bayern’s potential £35 million purchase of Odoi, Raphael Honogstein suggested that he would be fighting for playing time with no clear number 1 but a number of talented youngsters, including Davies. He then said he expected that to result in all of them (Davies, Coman, Odoi, and Gnabry) getting 20 games or so. That would be a solid first season at Bayern for Davies if that came true. 

22 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I doubt it'll be easily available. The game next Friday is definitely televised, though.

It's on Sportsnet Ontario! I'm also off on Friday so hopefully I can catch his debut live.