Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RS

Forge FC (Hamilton) launch/2019 offseason thread

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Ansem said:

Look at this video. I'd like this *full* crest

 

Screenshot_20180714-134020_Chrome.jpg

I dunno I'm loving the simple H with the more and more I think about it. Going with a crest now would kill the amazing atmosphere that logo and the name "Forge" conjure up. I know by now I've said it a million times but this teams feels like a heavy metal soccer team which is fitting for a steel town like Hamilton and really is something interesting (could backfire hard but it's interesting at least and in the internet age interesting could maybe move kits or create a cult fanbase outside of Hamilton). Like not every soccer team needs a crest or badge, I mean the best logo any soccer team in the world has is by no means a crest, sometimes something different can be something really special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2018 at 12:08 AM, matty said:

I dunno I'm loving the simple H with the more and more I think about it. Going with a crest now would kill the amazing atmosphere that logo and the name "Forge" conjure up. I know by now I've said it a million times but this teams feels like a heavy metal soccer team which is fitting for a steel town like Hamilton and really is something interesting (could backfire hard but it's interesting at least and in the internet age interesting could maybe move kits or create a cult fanbase outside of Hamilton). Like not every soccer team needs a crest or badge, I mean the best logo any soccer team in the world has is by no means a crest, sometimes something different can be something really special.

See, I'm having the opposite feeling and loving the Hammer logo more and more and think the shield with Forge FC would be an improvement. If I was a passer by looking at the HF logo on a golf shirt, I wouldn't know what the heck it was for. I'd just pass it off as "Random the clothing line". The Hammer logo though, I immediately see the Hammer and think Hamilton, and the H drives it home, then given it actually says the name right bellow it, immediately I know it's also for a soccer team.

I mean, while yes there are iconic sports teams that use just a letters (predominantly College, Gridiron and Baseball teams) most opt to because their logo is not easily redesignable for the modern age (See the 49ers) or were letters from the days before graphical logos were really an option on uniforms (See most of Baseball, who do this even though they have other "media" logos.)

or they are Juventus and you want to go from "Sports Car esque" to "Lame Blue Jays Font Knockoff"

Edited by -Hammer-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, -Hammer- said:

See, I'm having the opposite feeling and loving the Hammer logo more and more and think the shield with Forge FC would be an improvement. If I was a passer by looking at the HF logo on a golf shirt, I wouldn't know what the heck it was for. I'd just pass it off as "Random the clothing line". The Hammer logo though, I immediately see the Hammer and think Hamilton, and the H drives it home, then given it actually says the name right bellow it, immediately I know it's also for a soccer team.

I mean, while yes there are iconic sports teams that use just a letters (predominantly College, Gridiron and Baseball teams) most opt to because their logo is not easily redesignable for the modern age (See the 49ers) or were letters from the days before graphical logos were really an option on uniforms (See most of Baseball, who do this even though they have other "media" logos.)

or they are Juventus and you want to go from "Sports Car esque" to "Lame Blue Jays Font Knockoff"

I don't think that matters for my sort of cult thing. Passerby sees it think "wow that's kind of cool. where can i get that?", if it's in jersey form (which it should be, golf shirt would make it look lame as fuck) they know it's a soccer team 99% of the time. I think a lot of the shield desire is for something classical and that's fine but it's hardly essential and I do think it kind of kills this cool Judas Priest style image the team has going for it ATM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

1 hour ago, matty said:

I don't think that matters for my sort of cult thing. Passerby sees it think "wow that's kind of cool. where can i get that?", if it's in jersey form (which it should be, golf shirt would make it look lame as fuck) they know it's a soccer team 99% of the time. I think a lot of the shield desire is for something classical and that's fine but it's hardly essential and I do think it kind of kills this cool Judas Priest style image the team has going for it ATM.

I bought the golf shirt.

Now I'm sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw someone tweet that they were 946 a couple of hours ago.  We might have gotten to 1000 faster in Winnipeg but with the pace Hamilton is maintaining a week later, you will surely pass us in a few days.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 10:05 PM, MrsC said:

I saw someone tweet that they were 946 a couple of hours ago.  We might have gotten to 1000 faster in Winnipeg but with the pace Hamilton is maintaining a week later, you will surely pass us in a few days.  

It's great to see the interest in both cities and the rest of the league for that matter, I get the feeling there will be a real friendly rivalry with the supporters groups (in the beginning anyway) I look forward to my 1st road trip for Valour vs Forge!😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Xavier said:

What are you guys looking for in your kits? I am going to make a concept for each team and would love your opinion.

I'd like it with a lot of denim. maybe the jersey is a mesh halter top. something along those lines would be rad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they were black and gold,  then you'd almost have to do the bumble bee hoops.

With the gunmetal and orange...  I want to say thin orange pinstripes? Like what Saracens and Leicester tigers had a few years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×