Jump to content
Sébastien

General - CONCACAF Nations League

Recommended Posts

They have a similar story to Canada and CPL but 5 years ahead. Look in to it. Sport growing in popularity, new league and it's well supported. Traditional sports making way for soccer. When it comes to athletics they're very competent people. Not a small country either and compared to other countries in the region they have some resources. I don't know too much about the country but seeing the. In Champions league made me wonder so read up a bit. My bold prediction for the day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does anyone even converse with tg11?  It’s clear he’s a troll since he seemingly ignores the thousands of comments that have been made calling him a troll but hangs onto every other comment posters make here.  Somehow in his infinite knowledge he is able to comment on Dominican Republic yet he can’t even name teams in the prem? 

Anyways, good call on DR I’ve been thinking for years that their time will come.  If Mariano and Raul Tomas ever commit to them they’ll have one of the best strikeforces in concacaf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That is some bold prediction but if anything Canada, Haiti, Cuba, Jamaica, El Salvador and Suriname will qualify

Edited by Tg11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had Guatemala for my top 6 as an original prediction until I read that they apparently can't take part in the Nations League which is why I changed my pick to Suriname

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tg11 said:

That is some bold prediction but if anything Canada, Haiti, Cuba, Jamaica, El Salvador and Suriname will qualify

Cuba ahead of Curacao? You know Cuba have to play Haiti right? Also Suriname and El Salvador have to play Jamaica.

Curacao has a lot of Dutch trained talent who are playing in the EPL, Championship, Belgian Pro League and Eredivisie (aka the league you want Davies in). Suriname and Cuba have mostly only Domestic based players.

Edited by matty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, matty said:

Cuba ahead of Curacao? You know Cuba have to play Haiti right? Also Suriname and El Salvador have to play Jamaica

Yeah I see Cuba ahead of Curacao shockingly enough and yeah I do and yeah okay...but isn't it top 6 teams qualify along with the Hex participants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Yeah I see Cuba ahead of Curacao shockingly enough and yeah I do and yeah okay...but isn't it top 6 teams qualify along with the Hex participants?

How if they have to play Haiti? Are they going to beat or draw Haiti? Are two teams that play each other going to go forward? Have you actually looked at the draws or are you just saying shit to say shit?

Edited by matty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

It's 16 teams at the Gold Cup next year. So 10 teams from the qualifiers will actually make the Gold Cup.

Then in that case then I can definitely make new predictions or at least add to my 6 teams that I already predicted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keegan said:

Why does anyone even converse with tg11?  It’s clear he’s a troll since he seemingly ignores the thousands of comments that have been made calling him a troll but hangs onto every other comment posters make here.  Somehow in his infinite knowledge he is able to comment on Dominican Republic yet he can’t even name teams in the prem? 

Anyways, good call on DR I’ve been thinking for years that their time will come.  If Mariano and Raul Tomas ever commit to them they’ll have one of the best strikeforces in concacaf. 

Same reason you would converse with BBTB. Sometimes you just can't help yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DR just had a team in the Champions League, didn't they?

They got trounced by a Mexican side, Club America I think, but perhaps that experience, coupled with the ostensity of qualifying for CL, prepares them for a run in Nations league qualifying? Especially if the core of THAT team is the core of their national side...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

DR just had a team in the Champions League, didn't they?

They got trounced by a Mexican side, Club America I think, but perhaps that experience, coupled with the ostensity of qualifying for CL, prepares them for a run in Nations league qualifying? Especially if the core of THAT team is the core of their national side...

It was Chivas because it was the reason they finished with a higher GD and played the second leg at home vs TFC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Keegan said:

It was Chivas because it was the reason they finished with a higher GD and played the second leg at home vs TFC.

Yes correct! At any rate, I am gonna have a look at their roster now and see how many NT players they have....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Yes correct! At any rate, I am gonna have a look at their roster now and see how many NT players they have....

Surprisingly not that many. There goes my theory lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That Dominican team qualified by winning CONCACAFs version of the intertoto cup against teams from all over the region so they must be half decent despite getting run over by Chivas.

edit: no they didn’t but they won the CFU club championship so just as well.

another interesting fact, the Dominican Republic has played more friendlies than Canada this year.

Edited by Keegan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Keegan said:

Borjan was cap tied vs Guadeloupe and Davies was cap tied vs French Guiana.  Makes no difference as long as it’s official. 

I was pretty sure that 7 years ago we (voyageurs in general, not me and you) had a conversation about this. Memory is fuzzy. But how can it be an official FIFA match if it is between a FIFA member (Canada) and a non-FIFA member (FG, Guadelupe, etc)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Keegan said:

That Dominican team qualified by winning CONCACAFs version of the intertoto cup against teams from all over the region so they must be half decent despite getting run over by Chivas.

edit: no they didn’t but they won the CFU club championship so just as well.

another interesting fact, the Dominican Republic has played more friendlies than Canada this year.

They won last year and this year.. 2 different teams as well. So theyll be another team in next year. It's one of the main reasons for my dramatic prediction

Edited by SpursFlu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Blackdude said:

14 out of 20. I think that's more than not that many.

3 out of 23 by my count, or 4 out of 64 if you include the larger pool that has been called in the last 12 months, as per wikipedia.

Not exactly as NT dominated as I was expecting...

But that being said, I do think there is something to be said about Cibao qualifying ahead of teams like Athletico Pantoja and O&M, which have more NT heavy squads.

Edited by Obinna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Obinna said:

3 out of 23 by my count, or 4 out of 64 if you include the larger pool that has been called in the last 12 months, as per wikipedia.

Not exactly as NT dominated as I was expecting...

But that being said, I do think there is something to be said about Cibao qualifying ahead of teams like Athletico Pantoja and O&M, which have more NT heavy squads.

Oh I meant about players from the club who were Dominican. Sorry for the miscommunication. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, maplebanana said:

I was pretty sure that 7 years ago we (voyageurs in general, not me and you) had a conversation about this. Memory is fuzzy. But how can it be an official FIFA match if it is between a FIFA member (Canada) and a non-FIFA member (FG, Guadelupe, etc)? 

It was a continental competition so it cap ties players.  Maybe this format will be different for FIFA rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Keegan said:

Why does anyone even converse with tg11?  It’s clear he’s a troll since he seemingly ignores the thousands of comments that have been made calling him a troll but hangs onto every other comment posters make here.  Somehow in his infinite knowledge he is able to comment on Dominican Republic yet he can’t even name teams in the prem? 

Anyways, good call on DR I’ve been thinking for years that their time will come.  If Mariano and Raul Tomas ever commit to them they’ll have one of the best strikeforces in concacaf. 

I am continually amazed at how people keep responding to people like him on this board?  Ignore is a wonderful feature.  I think it says as much about the posters as those that respond to them.  The responders just can't help themselves and must argue or counter every point that even a clear imbecile makes.  I feel sorry for their wives. It must be hell living with them (and don't interpret that as me saying their wives are imbeciles as that is not my point).,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×