Lou

CONCACAF U-20 Championship (November 2018)

I respectfully disagree. I mean he's getting some minutes, but it's not like he's an established starter yet. And it's good for Gent as well, him playing full matches and maybe shining on a big stage like that. 

Unless they are short in strikers at that time, they'll probably let him participate. 

Blackdude is right, i'd be shocked if Gent let David early for the U20. Clubs just don't give up players that contribute without a fight. Some clubs don't even want their players to leave during the FIFA window ffs.

2 minutes ago, Zem said:

I think it started, but mine's saying "Not Available" for some reason.

Same here. Tells me to sign-up (which i already did) but has an unavailable message embedded in that box.

11 minutes ago, Zem said:

I think it started, but mine's saying "Not Available" for some reason.

9 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Same here. Tells me to sign-up (which i already did) but has an unavailable message embedded in that box.

The fix is in.

4 minutes ago, Zem said:

Didn't manage to catch the stream, but in the preview I can see we were drawn into group D with Panama, St. Kitts and Nevis, Guadeloupe, Dominica and Martinique.

That's what the CONCACAF twitter is showing. Not a bad draw and it's a good thing we avoid Mexico, USA and Honduras.

BTW, I thought Martinique and Guadeloupe weren't FIFA members, can they qualify for the U20WC???

1 minute ago, aloyol said:

I thought Martinique and Guadeloupe weren't FIFA members, can they qualify for the U20WC???

No. It's often overlooked that this is the North American (and Central America and Caribbean) Championship - not just a World Cup qualifying tournament. ;) 

So Guadeloupe and Martinique could knock us out of World Cup Qualifying even though they aren’t allowed to qualify. I’m going to have to study that format when I get some time.

What kind of show is concacaf running these days?  US Virgin Islands at the u20 level?? They can barely field a senior team and they’ll potentially have kids going up against Weah, Sargent etc 

Our group looks more challenging than the others with the non FIFA members presenting much more of a challenge than some of the other nations.  Realistically we should qualify for the u20 World Cup but we’ve been awful the past 2 cycles.. 2013 was the only year I could remember our team being decent. 

So is Biello coaching?  Maybe Herdman pops in and out?

23 minutes ago, Kent said:

So Guadeloupe and Martinique could knock us out of World Cup Qualifying even though they aren’t allowed to qualify.

Yeah, that's kinda bullshit. Both those islands have approx. 400K residents and not-so-bad domestic leagues (especially Martinique), we're going to need the kids who are available prior to the FIFA window ie. guys not playing first team ball to carry us past those two land mines.

32 minutes ago, Kent said:

So Guadeloupe and Martinique could knock us out of World Cup Qualifying even though they aren’t allowed to qualify.

It's a group, not a knockout round. If we get knocked out because we dropped points to Guadeloupe and Martinique and the advancing team didn't, it's because that team was better than us. Whether Guadeloupe and Martinique are eligible to qualify for the U20 World Cup or not has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Zem

6 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Yeah, that's kinda bullshit. Both those islands have approx. 400K residents and not-so-bad domestic leagues (especially Martinique), we're going to need the kids who are available prior to the FIFA window ie. guys not playing first team ball to carry us past those two land mines.

Are you suggesting that players will arrive late?  I doubt that will happen.. I feel like they’ll make an exception for MAYBE one or two guys (Davies, David).  But the whole squad will have to be there from the offset or we are screwed.

4 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Are you suggesting that players will arrive late?  I doubt that will happen.. I feel like they’ll make an exception for MAYBE one or two guys (Davies, David).  But the whole squad will have to be there from the offset or we are screwed.

I'm suggesting that i'm not holding my breath on a number of our top players being available before the window opens. We'll have to beat Martinique and Guadeloupe (who may or may not have good teams) possibly without Davies, David, Tabla (if the rumours are true) and maybe Millar or Busti if their clubs are dicks about it. Does the CSA leave any of those guys off the team if they can get them when the window opens?

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

I'm suggesting that i'm not holding my breath on a number of our top players being available before the window opens. We'll have to beat Martinique and Guadeloupe (who may or may not have good teams) possibly without Davies, David, Tabla (if the rumours are true) and maybe Millar or Busti if their clubs are dicks about it. Does the CSA leave any of those guys off the team if they can get them when the window opens?

I think for sure you leave them off.. let’s be realistic the only guys who are a danger of being held back seem to be David and Davies.  Millar and Busti are youth players and Tabla isn’t going to come.  If a keeper is left off you could wait for them but if Davies, David and Millar are held back we have to cut our losses with at least one 3 is too much.. we have guys like Hundal, Reid, Bair etc. Who could adequately fill in.

Edited by Keegan

I would take the trade off of a more difficult team from pot 3 and 5 and an easier team from pot 1 any day. Only one team from each group moves on so realistically only the pot 1 team really matters. T&T, Jamaica, and Haiti will all have a much more challenging time moving on than us.