Jump to content
Lou

CONCACAF U-20 Championship (November 2018)

Recommended Posts

I may be suffering from a little heatstroke but I think I agree with MrK.  IF he gets a chance to go the U-20, he should.  Will we really need him against the St kitts in Nov??  If he can lay the smack down in that tournie and get us to the U-20 WC, thats more important and maybe someone else can help the senior team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SpecialK said:

The whitecaps Are afraid of losing Davies to an European team so  they won’t let him go anywhere. Haha

The more he impresses the higher transfer fee and future percentages they can get for him so it is in their best interest to let him go. However, the MLS ownership thing clouds that a bit and may make it less attractive so if they are still playing by then they might choose to keep him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grizzly said:

The more he impresses the higher transfer fee and future percentages they can get for him so it is in their best interest to let him go. However, the MLS ownership thing clouds that a bit and may make it less attractive so if they are still playing by then they might choose to keep him.

I agree, but  they didn’t let them go to MU for training , didn’t really let him go for the New Zealand game in Spain and he wasn’t allowed to go for Toulon tournament.  He should be a part of the U20 world cup qualifier but I I bet there’ll be a fight for him. 

It just seems like every chance he gets to go to Europe for anything they say no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 11:59 PM, SpecialK said:

The whitecaps Are afraid of losing Davies to an European team so  they won’t let him go anywhere. Haha

This is so wrong. The Whitecaps want to lose Davies to Europe because they want the money!

They are just trying to balance showcasing him to the world and have him be available for the first team at the same time, which is not an easy thing to do. It is not reasonable for them to release him for every U20, U23 and senior camp. He is too important to their current squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What percentage of a possible transfer fee would VWC get??  There were rumors that teams would get 100% of homegrown transfers, but I'm not sure that ever got approved.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My U20 Canada roster - if no injuries and everyone agreed to played. We have a lot of options but at CB. Any thoughts ?🤔

  Starting 

71F6C8C5-CE74-47DA-AAF6-75B347B6C647.jpeg

Subs 

GK-Axel Desjardins

FB- Émile Legault

FB-Daniel Kinumbe

CB- Joel Harrison

CB- jake Ruby/Nikolas White

W- Tristan Jumeau

W-Glenn Muenkat

M-Dominic Iankov

M-Noah Verhoeven

M-Jordan Araujo

ST-Jonathan David

ST-Jordan Perruzza

Edited by SpecialK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vince193 said:

Players born in 1998 won't be eligible for this tournament. Even though it's in 2018, CONCACAF is treating this as a U19 tournament because the WC is in 2019.

 I’m pretty sure all of  those  players are 99 and  after 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SpecialK said:

My U20 Canada roster - if no injuries and everyone agreed to played. We have a lot of options but at CB. Any thoughts ?🤔

  Starting 

71F6C8C5-CE74-47DA-AAF6-75B347B6C647.jpeg

Subs 

GK-Axel Desjardins

FB- Émile Legault

FB-Daniel Kinumbe

CB- Joel Harrison

CB- jake Ruby/Nikolas White

W- Tristan Jumeau

W-Glenn Muenkat

M-Dominic Iankov

M-Noah Verhoeven

M-Jordan Araujo

ST-Jonathan David

ST-Jordan Perruzza

Good list if everyone agreed to play.  Missing Shaan Hundal and Adonijah Reid.  

I'd put double asterisks by Palmer, Bassong, Weisbrod, Iankov as they've all represented other countries at youth level already.  Single asterisks for Tabla and maybe Jumeau who haven't yet committed to Canada.  

Other possibilities: Matthew Roberts, Benson Fazili, Nik Blaskovic, Marko Maletic, Diego Reveco, Monti Mohsen, Nicolas Apostol, Gianluca Catalano

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Good list if everyone agreed to play.  Missing Shaan Hundal and Adonijah Reid.  

I'd put double asterisks by Palmer, Bassong, Weisbrod, Iankov as they've all represented other countries at youth level already.  Single asterisks for Tabla and maybe Jumeau who haven't yet committed to Canada.  

Other possibilities: Matthew Roberts, Benson Fazili, Nik Blaskovic, Marko Maletic, Diego Reveco, Monti Mohsen, Nicolas Apostol, Gianluca Catalano

 

Don't forget Mathieu Choinière. I think he should be in the starting 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 2:33 PM, Lou said:

This has just been given an ovehaul by CONCACAF.

The Caribbean and Central American qualifying competitions have been removed. Thirty-four teams will take part, an increase from twelve in 2017.

Round 1 - First Round. Thirty four teams spread across six groups. The group winners advance.
Round 2 - Qualifying stage. Two groups of three.  The two group winners advance to the final and U20 World Cup. The second-place team also qualify for the U20 World Cup.
Round 3 - Final 

It's to take place in Florida.

https://concacaf-web-prod.corebine.com/en/article/concacaf-to-host-record-number-of-teams-in-november-for-its-redesigned-under-20-championship

Wait... 34/6 = 5.67... WTF? Are the groups not going to have equal numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

Are the groups not going to have equal numbers?

Yes, two groups of five, four groups of six. They don't really need equal numbers since only the group winners advance anyway.

Edited by Zem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Busti

Campbell---Dunn---Romeo---Kinumbe

---Okello----

Yeates---Choiniere

Verhoven---Millar---Davies 

I chose to only include those who have comitted to Canada already 

Edited by badname22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be an interesting squad.  Lots of others that could potentially slot in.  The Caps kids that Harrycoyster reported on - Hasal, Ruby, Hakkinen, Bair - I would think have a shot.  LeBourhis from the Impact.  And what about this Shaffelburg (sp?) kid from Halifax?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×