Haven't heard anything from Émile lately. He hasn't been a part of the squad for either of the first two league matches for Celtic Reserves. Does anyone know where he is and what is going on? I was excited to hear that we had a RB/CB signing for a club like Celtic.

52 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

Haven't heard anything from Émile lately. He hasn't been a part of the squad for either of the first two league matches for Celtic Reserves. Does anyone know where he is and what is going on? I was excited to hear that we had a RB/CB signing for a club like Celtic.

Have you checked the reports for the Celtic U20's?

CELTIC CAME CLOSE TO SIGNING CANADIAN DEFENDER EMILE LEGAULT

https://readceltic.com/2018/09/24/celtic-came-close-to-signing-canadian-defender-emile-legault/

However, it has now been revealed that the player needed to apply for a work permit in order to secure a move to Parkhead and it was not granted.

The central defender was highly rated in France and previously played for Auxerre, representing the club at youth level.

The report claims that Legault will return to France to continue his development, but he could be a name to watch out for in the future.

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

https://readceltic.com/2018/09/24/celtic-came-close-to-signing-canadian-defender-emile-legault/

However, it has now been revealed that the player needed to apply for a work permit in order to secure a move to Parkhead and it was not granted.

The central defender was highly rated in France and previously played for Auxerre, representing the club at youth level.

The report claims that Legault will return to France to continue his development, but he could be a name to watch out for in the future.

Well this is disappointing but makes sense. I periodically checked the Celtic webpage and he never appeared on the reserve or youth team page. His agent has some explaining to do...

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/1138111/soccer-emile-legault-auxerre-celtic-glasgow-impact-montreal

In a nutshell: A misunderstanding between Celtic and Auxerre was the reason why he couldn't sign with Celtic, contrary to supposed Visa issues that were reported by Scottish media. He returned to France after the trial but the club president did not want him to return. He is back in Canada now and trained with the Impact. He said that he would like to sign with the Impact, but he won't rule out another MLS club, USL, CPL or even returning to France.

Disappointing that Celtic didn't work out, and that he couldn't go back to Auxerre, but it is good to see him resurface and hopefully he can sign somewhere and get back on his feet. 

8 hours ago, Ansem said:

This journalist doubts Montreal signs him due to financial cap and not having a reserve team.

I expect Legault to get CPL offers.

he follows by lining him to TFC

8 hours ago, Ansem said:

This journalist doubts Montreal signs him due to financial cap and not having a reserve team.

I expect Legault to get CPL offers.

If Celtic were after him and he was showing well in France he’s better off going back to Europe to develop if he can than in year one of CPL. 

Was thinking if he's normally a CB and he showed well at RB in Toulon then he might be a good fit at RCB in a back 3 - which TFC tend to use...glad to hear he's being linked to the club.

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

Was thinking if he's normally a CB and he showed well at RB in Toulon then he might be a good fit at RCB in a back 3 - which TFC tend to use...glad to hear he's being linked to the club.

I think Lagault is the third one from the left. Looks too short for a CB.

20181102_CanM20_XI.jpg

11 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

20181102_CanM20_XI.jpg

Is it just me or does it look like the two guys flanking him don’t even realize he is there?

1 hour ago, Norrin Radd said:

Read below....

On 9/25/2018 at 10:25 PM, Ansem said:

Poor positioning by Legault on that team picture...That's clearly the Herdman effect, now 5'5 guys have the confidence to show up on the back row of a starting 11 pic.

1 hour ago, Norrin Radd said:

20181102_CanM20_XI.jpg

8 minutes ago, aloyol said:

Poor positioning by Legault on that team picture...That's clearly the Herdman effect, now 5'5 guys have the confidence to show up on the back row of a starting 11 pic.

Yah....he should bloody well be sitting cross-legged on the ground with the ball in his lap like every other soccer runt since the dawn of time. 

6 hours ago, Norrin Radd said:

You don't think the writer could have made a mistake in the article?

Maybe, or maybe he's a short CB? Either way he showed his speed and grit in covering ground and snuffing out attacks in Toulon and i would still sign him at TFC.