• CB - Hocine, N'Sa
  • RB/WB - Sakunda
  • GK - JM Williams

Formation prediction for today:

• ----------------------CF---------------------
  • Garcia----Simmons----CM----Lamy
  • ----------------------John---------------------
  • Langwa---Hocine---CB---Sakunda

I think we need a bigger CF, a bigger CB and more speed on the wings.

Lamy will probably have to drop to a wing position.  N'sa, Firth, Rempersad probably won't start.

The backline is starting to take shape.  Lot's of overlapping runs and speed out of the back.

Edited by DigzTFC

8 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Never heard of N'sa.  Anyone know the story on him?

I read somewhere that the Montréal Impact thought highly enough of N’sa to invite him to train with their senior team last year.

3 hours ago, DigzTFC said:

I thought I'd tally a list of people with a digital footprint to CanPL/HFX

• Philippe Lincourt-Joseph
  • Anthony de Carolis
  • Ibrahim Sanoh
  • Emmanuel Dolo
  • Mathew Catavolo
  • Santiago Cigando'
  • Tetsuya Yoshinaga
  • Jarek Whiteman
  • Callum Ferguson
  • Ricardo Machado
  • Jonathan Hammond
  • Liam Elbourne (unlikely)

Quite a while ago, I was under the impression that Ibra was going to sign with the Wanderers, but I haven't heard anything lately.  To be honest, I have been waiting to see his name pop up here so that i could wave the PEI flag.

Zela Langwa's former team are in Tercera division (Spain's regional fourth tier with 366 teams):

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugo-Unión_Deportiva_Socuéllamos_Club_de_Fútbol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Tercera_División

The Wanderers and CanPL should be a step up in quality terms from that sort of level.

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

17 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Been there for each team for at least a couple of weeks. Definitely useful for keeping tracks on things like how many U-21 players each team has so far.

Can also check here on CanPL website:

https://canpl.ca/article/rosters-canadian-premier-league-clubs-continue-filling-squads-as-pre-season-approaches

2 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Roster Rules:

A maximum of seven international players on rosters of 20-23 players and a minimum of six Canadians in each starting XI ensure those minutes will be afforded.

Each club must bring on three players 21 or under, and vet them with 1,000 combined minutes of play throughout the season.

13 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

Impact Academy only had an average attendance of 13 last season. Don't think we should expect much out of him

Exactly. Now if he'd been playing NCAA basketball, like for UConn or Wake Forest with those packed arenas, then he'd have pro experience. 

There was a Q&A last night with Clanachan at a local bar. Wanderers sent out an email inviting the first 30 members who responded. I wasn't able to make it, but wondering if anyone on here was? and if there was any meaningful discussion or information provided?

I was thinking on the roster rules last night and compared the canucks aboard database sorted by category.

At the moment, it will be a real struggle for the league to find Canadian Attacking Mids and Centre Forwards as the database shows.   For what ever reason, the majority of the players developed so far have been wingers, FB, and DMs.  This also may impact the style of play across the league. 

Also, I think clubs will want to fill the GK spot with a Canadian as fast as possible.  With the shallow pool of quality Canadian CBs, AM and Strikers that will be willing to take the CanPl salary, you'll need these spots open for international players.  That problem will be compounded with expansion of the league.

There will also be a premium on playing 16-18 year olds that can play.  If HFX doesn't establish an academy they will be reliant on local clubs to develop young players.  I just don't see that being sustainable especially if you want to create an footballing identity for the club long term.  Having coaching seminars with local clubs is not enough. 

Speculation, but Victor Mendes fingerprints are on the Langwa signing.  He played for the Kingston Clippers.

Just some thoughts

Edited by DigzTFC

I was doing some amateur scouting: Centre Forward 6'2" 185 lbs Chris Nkoghe - Canadian 22 years old

Beside the size, I really like his hold up play and movement off the ball.  He's able to move between the top of formation to the wing and attack with his partners on the wings.  The speed and physicality of the pro environment will be an adjustment though.  Although, Stephen Hart seems to go after academy/pro experience.

https://bubearcats.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=11182

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5673948/5721dd0bdfe23b2d68c40b8a

15 hours ago, nas said:

Tweet's been deleted, but I got a screengrab.

wACZ3aE.jpg

Looks all but certain then, likely announced today or tomorrow. 

He was a standout from the open-trials, correct? I feel like I've read an article about him already. That's awesome!