Rheo

HFX Wanderers launch/2019 offseason thread

Apparently starts at 3:30 EST, countdown was wrong.  Now bring on the posts about the half hour delay being a sure sign that the league won't be starting in 2019 :)

Just now, DontPanic said:

Is there a link to watch?

Not yet, but soon I assume.  I'm working so might miss it right away but if I don't, I'm sure someone will get it.

Posted (edited)

Look at the Technical Philosophy on the site. Stepehen Hart is listed as the President of SEA. Is this new news?

I know he was speculated as a possible coach, but certainly now his involvement is confirmed!

http://hfxwanderersfc.canpl.ca/technical-philosophy

EDIT: On the same page it states that Derek Martin is President of SEA. Which he is. I suspect that Stephen Hart will end up coaching this club, and that "President" on the website is some sort of weird typo?

Edited by Copes

I asked Martin specifically about soccer ops this week and he said they didn't have anyone hired, but they were close. I couldn't pin down whether they were debating a couple of finalists or hashing out contract details and particulars with one candidate, but given the technical philosophy quote I think it's safe to assume that Hart is on board to run their soccer ops and they're just finalizing things. Martin said an announcement would be weeks away at most.

cheers, matthew

45 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

I don't hate the logo but I find there was many better ones posted on this forum. A logo doesn't have to include the teams name...let alone in big/bold letters. 

IMO this is the best logo so far..

I like it. Other than the HFX....