Somene knows what TV networks will show the games? so as to add those channels to my Bell satellite receiver.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, The Ref said:

Somene knows what TV networks will show the games? so as to add those channels to my Bell satellite receiver.  Thanks.

CTV, TSN and RDS. They have the rights until 2026.

8 minutes ago, ardsa said:

TV schedule for CTV and TSN is up:
https://www.tsn.ca/fifa-world-cup-on-tsn-broadcast-schedule-1.1095011

Weekend games on CTV and weekday on TSN. No mention yet of free streaming options. Press releases have mentioned TSN.ca and TSN GO as options, but I am not sure if that means TSN.ca streams are free.

Russia vs Saudi Arabia....what an opener! 

2 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

Russia vs Saudi Arabia....what an opener! 

Yeah... I put that one in my calendar a while ago but I cannot get really enthused about watching it.

If I was Major League Soccer I'd be happy. Despite no USA, 21 MLS players are playing in the cup (the same as in 2014 when the US was in it and more than double what the Chinese Super League currently has with 10).

TSN just made an announcement on their website, they are now offering digital streaming through their app on a month to month basis, no contract for $24.99/month.  Just in time for the World Cup.  So you can subscribe for a month and then cancel.

12 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Funny all the complaints our kits get for being boring. 2/3 of those are simple basic 1 or1-2 colour schemes.

That is why they aren't rated highly.

19 minutes ago, masster said:

That is why they aren't rated highly.

Except that these are some of the most popular teams in the world. 

The point is we are more of the norm than the outlier and considering as a people we tend to be reserved and our association has always been cautious and conservative it unreasonable to be outraged at every kit launch when considering the rest of the landscape.

I agree with his progressing picks for each group, except I hope that Russia gets eliminated by either Saudi or Egypt (they should, unless there is some dirty officiating), Peru or Denmark not Australia, and Colombia not Senegal.

You have to say Brazil is the favorite to take it all, with the other favorites being Spain, Germany and France.

10 hours ago, beachesl said:

I agree with his progressing picks for each group, except I hope that Russia gets eliminated by either Saudi or Egypt (they should, unless there is some dirty officiating), Peru or Denmark not Australia, and Colombia not Senegal.

Agreed on all these points.

Posted (edited)

My picks out of the group phase:

A: Russia & Uruguay  B: Portugal & Spain  C- France & Peru  D- Argentina & Iceland  E: Brazil & Costa Rica  F: Germany & Mexico

G: Belgium & England  H: Colombia & Japan

Edited by The Ref
typo

17 hours ago, The Ref said:

My picks out of the group phase

G: Bergium & England  H: Colombia & Japan

Even with half my family being Japanese, I can't get behind your group H prediction. They shot themselves in the foot with a late manager change; rumour has it they are still tinkering with a possible new 3 CB formation mere days before the Mundial. Right out out of the Caps preseason strategy book.

Love it if you were right though.

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

Great read from an on-the-ground Moscow expat rag:   https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/those-guys-with-whips-theyre-cossacks-meant-to-keep-you-safe-at-russias-world-cup-61599   . Have to say  as an expat in Argentina, we expats get away with saying or writing things the locals would never dare to, but we still  better be careful. 😄 Rah rah rash Putin....

Great read from an on-the-ground Moscow expat rag:   https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/those-guys-with-whips-theyre-cossacks-meant-to-keep-you-safe-at-russias-world-cup-61599   . Have to say  as an expat in Argentina, we expats get away with saying or writing things the locals would never dare to, but we still  better be careful. 😄 Rah rah rash Putin....

Edited by beachesl