Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rheo

Calgary FC launch/2019 offseason thread

Recommended Posts

Another signing:

https://cavalryfc.canpl.ca/article/waterman-always-finds-a-way

Calgary, AB (February 6, 2019) – Cavalry FC is pleased to announce the signing of Midfielder Joel Waterman (CAN), the club’s second-round pick of 2018 CPL-U SPORTS Draft.

Joel Waterman is originally from Aldergrove, BC and started playing with Aldergrove Youth Soccer at the age of five. He moved to Langley, BC when he was 12 years old and took part in Provincial and National training programs while playing for a youth team in Langley. Waterman had the opportunity to play in the British Columbia Soccer Premier League (BCSPL) during his U16 – U18 seasons where he was part of two National Championship Teams...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Another signing:

https://cavalryfc.canpl.ca/article/waterman-always-finds-a-way

Calgary, AB (February 6, 2019) – Cavalry FC is pleased to announce the signing of Midfielder Joel Waterman (CAN), the club’s second-round pick of 2018 CPL-U SPORTS Draft.

Joel Waterman is originally from Aldergrove, BC and started playing with Aldergrove Youth Soccer at the age of five. He moved to Langley, BC when he was 12 years old and took part in Provincial and National training programs while playing for a youth team in Langley. Waterman had the opportunity to play in the British Columbia Soccer Premier League (BCSPL) during his U16 – U18 seasons where he was part of two National Championship Teams...

I love that...he moved from Aldergrove to Langley. Aldergrove is in Langley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LAK said:

I love that...he moved from Aldergrove to Langley. Aldergrove is in Langley.

Forgive this North Burnaby boy who never liked going south of the Fraser if I'm wrong, but I always had Aldergrove as the fringe of Surrey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 8:50 AM, rob.notenboom said:

Just FYI they’ve only been working on ticket sales to members for a week or two. They actually contacted all the members prior to holidays to explain they wouldn’t be at it until January. I received a phone call last week as I am member 553 and had a conversation with the ticket rep. They’ve been going through their membership list. Those that they make immediate contact with, they are working on sales to. Those they are not making immediate contact with they plan to follow up with later. Simply put, those are the 400 or so out of 1200 or so who answered the phone when they called. I wasn’t going to answer because I didn’t recognize the number and I suspect many are in the same boat. 

That conversion rate is really positive. 

I am one of those in the same boat. Member number #1025 - got a call last week but was driving and asked them to call back later. So I expect to have a call in the next week or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

I am one of those in the same boat. Member number #1025 - got a call last week but was driving and asked them to call back later. So I expect to have a call in the next week or so. 

It seems very simple to me ... all of this information is incomplete. So before offering a take, ask a question or two of those who might be able to answer and increase the available information for you to make that take. 

But some folks don’t seem aware of this monumental idea. 

(Not you of course, Ed ... I’m just generally frustrated with what to me seems like an entirely logical and incredibly simple idea, but one that is acted upon far too infrequently)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

Forgive this North Burnaby boy who never liked going south of the Fraser if I'm wrong, but I always had Aldergrove as the fringe of Surrey.

Are you thinking of Cloverdale? Aldergrove borders Abbotsford to the east and is in Langley Township...although not Langley City. That's probably why they said he moved...but even so, it's the tiniest of distances and in the story it makes it sound like it was some big thing. It just struck me as funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LAK said:

Are you thinking of Cloverdale? Aldergrove borders Abbotsford to the east and is in Langley Township...although not Langley City. That's probably why they said he moved...but even so, it's the tiniest of distances and in the story it makes it sound like it was some big thing. It just struck me as funny.

Maybe so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

Forgive this North Burnaby boy who never liked going south of the Fraser if I'm wrong, but I always had Aldergrove as the fringe of Surrey.

Great comment from someone who describes himself as being from North Burnaby lol you mean your from the fringe of Vancouver

 

People from Cloverdale and South Surrey wont admit they live in Surrey and they actually do. Aldergrove is more apart of Abbotsford so a fringe of Abbotsford would be more appropriate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SpursFlu said:

Great comment from someone who describes himself as being from North Burnaby lol you mean your from the fringe of Vancouver

 

People from Cloverdale and South Surrey wont admit they live in Surrey and they actually do. Aldergrove is more apart of Abbotsford so a fringe of Abbotsford would be more appropriate 

North Burnaby was East Van Lite back in the day. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Everybody on here knows what MLS is all about so it would add nothing to the thread. Same can't be said for something like the Swedish third tier. This guy looks like the sort of signing that was needed to be on par with USL. Most have not been.

Do you ever listen to yourself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 4:38 PM, longlugan said:

Do you ever listen to yourself?

His brain will explode if some of these "third tier Sweden" guys end up being better than the former MLSers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×