Rheo

York 9 2019 launch/offseason thread

8 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

They think it sounds better if its an SKN international brought in etc, not the guy that was with Vaughan last season. Cant blame them from dressing it up from a PR point of view. 

Born in Burlington Ontario (says Wikipedia) and played for PDL K-W United.     It was his father's place of birth of SKN that gets him the international chances.   I'd bet he developed his skills playing for local youth teams in Ontario.  

2 minutes ago, Rocket Robin said:

Born in Burlington Ontario (says Wikipedia) and played for PDL K-W United.     It was his father's place of birth of SKN that gets him the international chances.   I'd bet he developed his skills playing for local youth teams in Ontario.  

Shhhhhh, you're ruining it!  He is a SKN international....brought in from overseas, sparing no expense (on a G5) and he might need a translator like Neymar going to PSG.  Not a local kid who pulls up in his dads mini-van with a timmies in his hand and a raptors t-shirt on.  

So  York9 sign  another League1 Ontario player maybe they should have mentioned that also now that the CPL owns League 1 Ontario no?

11 hours ago, 1996 said:

So  York9 sign  another League1 Ontario player maybe they should have mentioned that also now that the CPL owns League 1 Ontario no?

Is there even any news from CPL or York 9 that this has happened yet? I don’t doubt that the deal is done, but rather they haven’t announced the signing so of course they haven’t said he played in L1O yet. The article on Adjei does mention his time in L1O.

Edited by Kent

1 minute ago, badname22 said:

But wasn't there another kid too?

Not that I'm aware of.

EDIT: I just took a look and there was a Luca Ricci that was loaned to Phoenix earlier this year, so it appears that you were correct.

Edited by RS