Jump to content
Rheo

York 9 2019 launch/offseason thread

Recommended Posts

Super slick website. For sure gives off a very professional vibe as should be expected, but I think they've done a better job than I expected. Really impressed with the launch and they're saying all the right things. I also actually like the name. When Jim Brennan explains it and says that they went with 9 as sort of an original take take on the "United" name we see so much of over here it really sold it for me. MLS has like 3 United's, a couple City's, a Sporting, a Real, and a Dynamo... So fake and cheap feeling. CPL is looking good so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been paying attention to york 9 through this whole process but on their website it says they want a 15,000 seat stadium. Is this common knowledge and I'm just out of the loop or is this a surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alex D said:

From the York 9 website it looks like their wooden stadium is being built by Bear Stadiums and will be modular. Check out the website for a better idea. www.bearstadiums.com 

yeahhh... that looks nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I have been paying attention to york 9 through this whole process but on their website it says they want a 15,000 seat stadium. Is this common knowledge and I'm just out of the loop or is this a surprise.

Yeah it was rumored that they wanted to build a 15K stadium. Today I think 12-15K was mentioned. So somewhere in that range probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I have been paying attention to york 9 through this whole process but on their website it says they want a 15,000 seat stadium. Is this common knowledge and I'm just out of the loop or is this a surprise.

 Couple of podcasts had the info leaked a couple of weeks ago so it’s pretty recent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I already dislike the York 9 so much. The cringey presentation and spotlight on the "Generation IX" was an eye roller. 

Reading through their website, no player will wear the number 9 because it "will be reserved for, and worn exclusively by the supporters." 

The "technical philosophy of" play the right way, with the ball on the ground."

One of the official colours is "black on black."

Good lord.

Edited by ThatDaveCh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThatDaveCh said:

I already dislike the York 9 so much. The cringey presentation and spotlight on the "Generation IX" was an eye roller. 

Reading through their website, no player will wear the number 9 because it "will be reserved for, and worn exclusively by the supporters." 

The "technical philosophy of" play the right way, with the ball on the ground."

One of the official colours is "black on black."

Good lord.

And thus, a rivalry with Edmonton was born.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was watching CityTv news (Toronto) and they had their sports reporter at the launch event, she did an interview with I think it was Ganzorn (sp?). Was very nice to see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

One thing I haven't seen noted is the production values they have going. The videos and the overall feel of the launch party was very well done. Probably around 200 people there 

The professionalism has me pretty pleased, a sign of things to come

Edited by Complete Homer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So looking through the Bear Stadium website it seems the 12-15K seat configuration is a fully enclosed and covered stadium with one or two higher sides. It also says they can have handovers done in 8 months which I’m guessing assumes all infrastructure in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

People from one of those podcasts, one with the woman and three guys I believe, had all this information leaked to them a week or so back. One particular piece of information they had on top of all this was a stadium rendering. Was there anything at the presentation?

Edited by Macksam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Macksam said:

People from one of those podcasts, one with the woman and three guys I believe, had all this information leaked to them a week or so back. One particular piece of information they had on top of all this was a stadium rendering. Was there anything at the presentation?

Nothing was presented at the launch beyond a desire for a 12-15k stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×