Yeah Aird stats are great, but they are in part there because he doesn't play as a back but as a real forward. Which makes sense cause that's where his strengths lie. We would still need a RB though. I don't mind a young kid making some mistakes and checking boards to evaluate players isn' the best idea either. They obviously rate him highly at Hearts and if he can stay on that level for a couple of years he'd almost be an automatical starter for the MNT, barring any strong developments of ZBG in France. 

On 1/26/2019 at 11:31 AM, toontownman said:

Scores his first for Hearts and was unlucky not to score earlier too. 

Goal and build 50 secs in. First chance right at the start of the video. 

Two great touches on that goal.. the first chest control on that long ball was great as well.

I thought I read a criticism on the hearts board last season that he wasn’t great at getting forward?  He definitely should have done better on the first chance.

11 hours ago, gator said:

He took a fair bit of criticism from the Hearts fans as he fought his way back from injury, it's funny what scoring the winning goal can do:

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/181226-congratulations-marcus-godinho/

Thought this comment was particularly insightful:

“Seen him twice in Sainsbury's recently.  First time with Ross Callachan and some big fella I didnt recognise, second time he was on his own.  

He went to the self serve checkouts both times, as did myself personally.”

Hearts fans are like most other fanbases in the world, very passionate about their team, with a few more solid performances Marcus will win most of the fans over, at the end of the day as long as Levein has faith in him, which it seems he does, he will continue to get opportunities and progress as a player!