4 hours ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

He put in the low cross leading to the own goal as well. Good attacking play. Didn’t watch the game, just reading Twitter and watching highlights...

Saw a bit of the first half and all of the second. Very competitive game and the level of play was actually pretty high. At times I think Godinho struggled with the pace of play, but had some good moments also. Some excellent emergancy defending on one play, but some naive defending on others. Considering how good Rangers were though, I think he put in a decent performance. Commentators felt he shouldn't have been the one to come off, so that's complementary.

I think him and ZBG will be a good battle for minutes over the years at RB.

On a side note, red card aside, Arfield was very good. Really influential for Rangers.

He plays at a significantly higher level than ZBG. That doesn't say much about potential, but if he keeps getting minutes at Hearts, surely he must be our RB for the near-future. Btw he's still not officially cap tied as he only played in a friendly.  

4 hours ago, shamrock said:

He plays at a significantly higher level than ZBG. That doesn't say much about potential, but if he keeps getting minutes at Hearts, surely he must be our RB for the near-future. Btw he's still not officially cap tied as he only played in a friendly.  

I would say he's almost certain to be one of our RB for the near-future.

The level at which ZBG plays will change and likely soon. He captains Lyon 2, so I consider it probable that in the next year or two, he will either progress to the first team, or leave the club for another in the top two divisions of France. In either case, he'd be playing at a club level equal or higher than the SPL. That is assuming Godinho stays at Hearts, which I think he will.

Godinho at this point looks good enough to play at a club like Hearts, but needs to improve significantly before he outgrows such a club.

Edited by Obinna

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

I would say he's almost certain to be one of our RB for the near-future.

The level at which ZBG plays will change and likely soon. He captains Lyon 2, so I consider it probable that in the next year or two, he will either progress to the first team, or leave the club for another in the top two divisions of France. In either case, he'd be playing at a club level equal or higher than the SPL. That is assuming Godinho stays at Hearts, which I think he will.

Godinho at this point looks good enough to play at a club like Hearts, but needs to improve significantly before he outgrows such a club.

I agree.  Godinho has some upside but if he winds up leaving Hearts for a "bigger" club, then it can only be good for Canada.  But he still has a ways to go yet.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

There would be people on Kickback who would criticize Messi for not being technical enough if he were a Jambo.  Levein (manager) thinks he must be good enough if he’s going to start him instead of a Manchester United loaner.

It is a very harsh forum at times with lots of nasty arguments especially after a loss, there are some good posters on there however, that's why I visit, often it makes the V's board look quite civil!😀

1 hour ago, gator said:

It is a very harsh forum at times with lots of nasty arguments especially after a loss, there are some good posters on there however, that's why I visit, often it makes the V's board look quite civil!😀

PhillyYawnGuy should head over there to spread the good word of the MLS.

Edited by Ruffian

12 hours ago, Ruffian said:

PhillyYawnGuy should head over there to spread the good word of the MLS.

Yes and he should tell the Scots to split from England because everyone know the EPL is crap and if you want to watch quality football, SPL is where it is at! 

12 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Yes and he should tell the Scots to split from England because everyone know the EPL is crap and if you want to watch quality football, SPL is where it is at! 

As we all know, Scotland has the biggest draw. 

3 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Wow, that game looks crazy. Interesting that David Wotherspoon was in that game and also a guy who just happened to be named Liam Millar.

4 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I remember driving back from Glasgow back to Edinburgh and listening to Radio Scotland.  It was just the craziest piece of radio I'd ever heard; think it was Derek Ferguson going all mental with the Motherwell comeback.