socceronly

Heavyweight Barbarian Voyageurs Rugby Shirt - Red Or Black?

Heavyweight Barbarian Rugby Voyageurs Shirt  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which color do you prefer?

• Black - Done on demand
    • Red - Pre Order
    • Both

Met with Barbarian Clothing last week.  They make really high quality products in Kitchener Ontario.  

Shirts would be would be embroidered directly, or embroidered sewn on patch. 

The black ones can be done from stock items, while the red would require a pre order as they would need to be custom made. 

Mock ups of each one shown below.

barbarian-black.jpg

barbarian-red.jpg

Aesthetically speaking, I do prefer the red but if having to pre-order means a higher cost item, I can understand sticking with black. 

That said, I am voting for "red". I'm not sure about doing both as I can't help but feel that there is a unifying element to a singular colour. 

I've owned both in my younger and fitter days, a red CMNT and a black NZ All-Blacks shirt and they were both top notch. Barbarian makes a world class product. Rubber buttons too!

I am excited by this line of merchandise!

Edited by dbailey62

Also, I agree with Dave that the red on the black might be too high a contrast. 

Maybe on the black it should be a more muted color set? 

If people don't know these items, they are really well made.  One of these shirts will last forever.  

17 hours ago, socceronly said:

Met with Barbarian Clothing last week.  They make really high quality products in Kitchener Ontario.  

Shirts would be would be embroidered directly, or embroidered sewn on patch. 

The black ones can be done from stock items, while the red would require a pre order as they would need to be custom made. 

Mock ups of each one shown below.

barbarian-black.jpg

barbarian-red.jpg

Maybe if the logo was black and white?

barbarian-black.jpg.ff4803955ded6030b9435e4ea011dca6_edit.jpg

Edited by dbailey62

40 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

Do you have a ballpark cost?

Not sure.   If we have to have them made, the red ones, it will depend a lot on quantity. 

It would not surprise me if these are like $60

35 minutes ago, socceronly said:

Not sure.   If we have to have them made, the red ones, it will depend a lot on quantity. 

It would not surprise me if these are like $60

Is that all? For a Barbarian, that would be amazing. Twenty-five years ago I spent more than that for my CMNT Barbarian shirt. 

33 minutes ago, dbailey62 said:

Is that all? For a Barbarian, that would be amazing. Twenty-five years ago I spent more than that for my CMNT Barbarian shirt. 

Yeah, it's unclear. It may be more like $75.  

21 minutes ago, socceronly said:

I was thinking a more deeply de saturated logo.   Had the essense of red but would be more like this. 

I've always liked red and black together but for some reason, it just wasn't doing it for me.  

1 hour ago, dbailey62 said:

I've always liked red and black together but for some reason, it just wasn't doing it for me.  

A bit more burgundy perhaps? The whites more of a silver or gray. What about gold? Works well with black. 

On 2/8/2018 at 12:10 PM, gator said:

I like the original black one with the red logo!

Yeah, I think B&W is too far.  Perhaps a silver with a more brick red/scarlet red instead of white & bright red?

On 2018-02-11 at 11:04 AM, socceronly said:

Yeah, I think B&W is too far.  Perhaps a silver with a more brick red/scarlet red instead of white & bright red?

I prefer the original, maybe other options would be good if you can post more pics! I actually quite like the Red one as well so I'm ok with whatever the majority want!

Edited by gator

I think we will use the same logo on both.   The reason being it will be one set up & digitization fee for applying the logo to multiple garments. 

If we are going to pay a second set up fee, I wonder if the second/new logo with the canoe would good on the black. 

It might be possible to modify it for that, I'll have a go at it in Illustrator.

17 minutes ago, socceronly said:

I think we will use the same logo on both.   The reason being it will be one set up & digitization fee for applying the logo to multiple garments. 

If we are going to pay a second set up fee, I wonder if the second/new logo with the canoe would good on the black. 

It might be possible to modify it for that, I'll have a go at it in Illustrator.

That'd be cool as I would then be forced to buy both the red and the black! 

4 minutes ago, dbailey62 said:

That'd be cool as I would then be forced to buy both the red and the black! 

I just took a look at it.  It has a LOT of detail.   I don't think it would work as a regular sized crest. 

A large embroidered area on a hoodie might work, but that would be separate project for sure. 

Perhaps on a really heavyweight melton fabric type jacket. 

2 minutes ago, socceronly said:

I just took a look at it.  It has a LOT of detail.   I don't think it would work as a regular sized crest. 

A large embroidered area on a hoodie might work, but that would be separate project for sure. 

Perhaps on a really heavyweight melton fabric type jacket. 

Ya, there is a helluva lot of detail in that logo.