CDNFootballer

Ottawa CPL Club

4 minutes ago, Viruk42 said:

You should specify Canadian women or youth games, Ottawa hasn't hosted the men's team for a game since 1989.

Why? I have been there for Canada games and V cup games.  They are great, I don't see why it would be different for a men's game. 

It's one of the reasons the whole smoke bomb thing pissed me off at the V Cup game, as those security and event staff didn't deserve the scrutiny they got for that incident.   They are super helpful and nice.

I hope we host a men's game there, they deserve it.

6 minutes ago, socceronly said:

Why? I have been there for Canada games and V cup games.  They are great, I don't see why it would be different for a men's game. 

It's just a bone I like to pick, the fact that the country's capital hasn't hosted the men's team in almost 30 years. Not a dig at the Fury or OSEG (for once), but at the CSA. 

Also very off topic, sorry to those who care about posts staying on topic

Just to try and  reign things in a little, and make it clear. All of this frustration and criticism is in the context of soccer. 

What I mean is, should Fury end up in the USL final in Ottawa this year, I'll be buying tickets and driving my ass to Ottawa along with I suspect many others on this board leveling criticism at them ... 'cause... soccer.

In case you think this isn't true, I was in one of the many carloads of Toronto soccer fans that drove to Montreal to see the Impact in the CCL final in 2015.... again... 'cause... soccer.

This should be the kind of spirit that embodies this board.... not these stupid arguments.

I'm hoping that both the Fury and CPL do well this year. I do have questions, but for now I'm going to wait and see how the year pans out before taking up one viewpoint or the other. No point in getting worked up into a lather one way or the other.