Sign in to follow this  
Chad_Impact

CPL Jersey Outfitter

I have always heard from discussions about kit deals with football clubs that the small companies tend to pay a lot more. That's why Wolves went with Burrda many seasons ago.

I wouldn't mind Macron, but always wanted Inaria - though I guess this might be too big a contract for them to chew

Brands like Inaria and especially Icarus are probably not in the mix. CPL will likely expect some cash as well as supplying kits. Those companies would be too small for something like that even though they both have put out some great work. 

2 hours ago, Areathrasher said:

I think here is the answer

DndnzegX0AAzPyS.jpg

Wow. Crazy no? Kinda shocked Macron beated Umbro! Who’s that in the picture 

Edited by Thomas

3 hours ago, Areathrasher said:

I think here is the answer

DndnzegX0AAzPyS.jpg

So, assuming this means that it’s league-wide Macron (which it might not be) I’d like to ask you all how familiar you are with their sizing? 

I absolutely hate the trend towards making everything skin tight, we don’t all have Cristiano Ronaldo abs. I’ve heard that Macron is tight as hell, but I wonder whether they usually sell ‘authentic’ and ‘replica’ versions of the same jersey for the clubs they already supply, anyone know? If so, is a normally L sized person going to need to buy a Macron XL? 

4 hours ago, Ams1984 said:

I absolutely hate the trend towards making everything skin tight...

Tell me about it. I take an XL t-shirt or golf shirt and ordered a XXL jersey this summer. When it came I could barely put it on and likely won't wear it again until/unless I lose at least 10 pounds!

9 minutes ago, ted said:

Tell me about it. I take an XL t-shirt or golf shirt and ordered a XXL jersey this summer. When it came I could barely put it on and likely won't wear it again until/unless I lose at least 10 pounds!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

2 hours ago, m-g-williams said:

Who can help me with the coaches in the photo? Here's my attempt from left to right.

Paulus? (Edmonton), Brennan (York 9), Wheeldon (Cavalry), Bunbury, Hart (Wanderers), Gale (Valour), James Merriman? (Pacific assistant coach), no idea who the last guy is but he looks a bit familiar. Maybe he's there to represent Forge?

Edited by Kent

It would be extremely rare for Macron to be the kit supplier of the open trials and not end up being the jersey sponsor in the end

I’m surprised as to why the CPL haven’t already announced such deal

At the state of the league Clanachan said this would happen 7-10 days were already at this time 

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Who can help me with the coaches in the photo? Here's my attempt from left to right.

Paulus? (Edmonton), Brennan (York 9), Wheeldon (Cavalry), Bunbury, Hart (Wanderers), Gale (Valour), James Merriman? (Pacific assistant coach), no idea who the last guy is but he looks a bit familiar. Maybe he's there to represent Forge?

John Gibson

33 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone here actually own any Macron apparel? I'm curious to see what the quality is like.

I own a Crystal Palace jersey and jacket that is made by Macron. I've yet to have any problems with them

43 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone here actually own any Macron apparel? I'm curious to see what the quality is like.

I have the Highlanders jersey. It's probably one of, if not the highest quality jersey I currently own. IMO, it beats out a couple from Umbro and Admiral that I have in my collection. Admittedly, I've only 7 or 8 jerseys, but I really like the quality.