Scorpion26

General Discussion on CMNT

42 minutes ago, Kent said:

I think the minimum official games we could play this year is more like 6 to 8. We have the French Guiana game in March, then 3 Gold Cup games assuming there isn't a monumental amount of results going the wrong way in qualifying, then there is a good chance we wind up in League A in Nations League, which has 3 team groups with 4 games per team. It's not clear but presumably we could play 2, 3, or 4 games in 2019 in Nations League. There are 3 windows in 2019 and one in March to play our 4 games.

Wikipedia lists 2 match days in each of Sept, Oct and Nov, and the semifinals and final in March 2020.  But 6 group stage games games doesnt really make sense in a 3 team group so you may be right.

22 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Wikipedia lists 2 match days in each of Sept, Oct and Nov, and the semifinals and final in March 2020.  But 6 group stage games games doesnt really make sense in a 3 team group so you may be right.

Yeah, League B has 4 team groups, and for the 3 team groups in League A and C there will need to be 2 match days, but teams will get byes on some of those.

However, I read it wrong too. I somehow managed to look at qualifying. So the 4 games will all be played in 2019, it won't be split up over March. So our minimum is 8 competitive games this year.

6 hours ago, canta15 said:

Going to be brutally honest with you, i’d pray for us if that was our starting lineup.

We don’t have the cb quality to play 3 at the back and if our wingbacks were more defensive it would still be an idiotic formation seeing as Millar and Davies are not defenders.

This formation looks like one of those Team of the Years each league makes to try and fit in all of their best attacking players

I think our FB’s are even worse than our CB’s just my opinion though. 

20 hours ago, shamrock said:

Like I said, if any of the drafted CB's establishes himself as a starter for his MLS-side, he should be at the Gold Cup. 

Yes I agree with this as well. Don't feel that CMNT have a starting true CB that will lead this team for years to come. 

20 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

I think our FB’s are even worse than our CB’s just my opinion though. 

They are but to have 3 at the back you need 3 amazing cbs to hold the back line. If we have 4 players at the back you have more stability

24 minutes ago, canta15 said:

They are but to have 3 at the back you need 3 amazing cbs to hold the back line. If we have 4 players at the back you have more stability

Not necessarily.. TFC’s weakness in 2017 was undoubtedly the backline and the 3 CBs worked well as a unit.

I think we could do 3 CBs and id make one of them Hutchinson.  Honestly our full backs may be weaker than our centre backs so why not stack the middle?  With Hutchinson there he can also push forward into holding midfield if needed.

————-Cavallini-David—————

——————-Hoilett————————

—————Piette—Osorio—————

Davies——————————Arfield

———James-Hutch-Henry———

6 hours ago, Keegan said:

Not necessarily.. TFC’s weakness in 2017 was undoubtedly the backline and the 3 CBs worked well as a unit.

I think we could do 3 CBs and id make one of them Hutchinson.  Honestly our full backs may be weaker than our centre backs so why not stack the middle?  With Hutchinson there he can also push forward into holding midfield if needed.

————-Cavallini-David—————

——————-Hoilett————————

—————Piette—Osorio—————

Davies——————————Arfield

———James-Hutch-Henry———

In 2017, Toronto’s weakness may have been defense, but their defense is nowhere near as bad as our defenders. They still had a middle of the back defensive line with one of the best MLS defenders in Mavinga leading it.