Jump to content
Fussball_eh

Scott Kennedy

Recommended Posts

Well we have a camp/nations league game in March (in fifa window)... the next FIfa window is right before the Gold cup which starts in mid June.  We will barely get a look at the guys who are starters let alone trying new guys out.  Unless there is a sudden change in heart and we have some more camps etc I wouldnt expect to be seeing many new faces. Should be looking a brand new roster for camp poutine right now.  With everyones pet peeve called in for a Herdman meets "new faces" camp in Jan.  Ughh, I sound like a broken record.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norrin Radd said:

Manjrekar James is not playing at a much higher level either. Kennedy should definitely get a look before the Gold Cup.

Stanese, Straith and Hainault play at a higher level as both James and Kennedy. It doesn't say anything, I'm all for a look a Kennedy but he could be way out of his league when it comes to the MNT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shamrock said:

Stanese, Straith and Hainault play at a higher level as both James and Kennedy. It doesn't say anything, I'm all for a look a Kennedy but he could be way out of his league when it comes to the MNT. 

The only way to find out is to hold training camps and friendlies.  I think this is where Canada loses talent as well.  Due to lack of friendlies and training camps, players like this may never get a look with the NT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, shamrock said:

Stanese, Straith and Hainault play at a higher level as both James and Kennedy. It doesn't say anything, I'm all for a look a Kennedy but he could be way out of his league when it comes to the MNT. 

Austrian B2 is probably at or below USL level.  I’d also include Kapor, Thomas, Ouimette, Attakora etc. as guys probably ahead of him (though obviously Kennedy is much younger).  He should be a call to the u23 team and take it from there - just like MAK, Cordova etc.

I mean we should have a u23 camp this year considering qualifying is in the fall.. but it seems the CSA has cut funding across the board for all men’s teams.  Once again we will have a team with the talent to qualify probably bomb out with a team of MLS/CPL favourites.

Edited by Keegan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

By the time the gold cup rolls around, Montgomery, Comsia and Kamal Miller will probably all be on MLS/USL rosters and could have pushed themselves into the mix.  

Would also add TMG, same age as Miller and Montgomery and has a full season under his belt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many of the players mentioned have hit their ceilings. I doubt they're going to progress any further. Had hopes for Stanese a few years ago but I was under the impression that he is now a midfielder.

Hopefully between Kennedy, Meilleur-Giguère and the NCAA players at least one can establish himself above the USL level by next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Norrin Radd said:

Many of the players mentioned have hit their ceilings. I doubt they're going to progress any further. Had hopes for Stanese a few years ago but I was under the impression that he is now a midfielder.

Hopefully between Kennedy, Meilleur-Giguère and the NCAA players at least one can establish himself above the USL level by next year.

I'd be delighted if we could have 1 sustainable option by next summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 9:44 PM, Bison44 said:

Well we have a camp/nations league game in March (in fifa window)... the next FIfa window is right before the Gold cup which starts in mid June. We will barely get a look at the guys who are starters let alone trying new guys out.  

Have we confirmed Herdman is interested in participating in the Gold Cup? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×