dsqpr

Winnipeg Valour FC

Leaving out the part where he played pdl with toronto lynx..maksym kowal played with him with the lynx and he is at canterbury also so wouldnt be surprising if he also comes

6 hours ago, Big_M said:

Leaving out the part where he played pdl with toronto lynx..maksym kowal played with him with the lynx and he is at canterbury also so wouldnt be surprising if he also comes

I don't remember Steven Hoyle but I've got him in some of my game reports.  He played for Toronto Lynx PDL in 2013 in a season where they finished pretty decently with 5 wins, 7 losses, 2 ties for 17 points and missed the playoffs by 1 point (5th of 7 teams) behind two teams with 18 points.  

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports13/13lynx03.htm

Starting lineup pic he's behind the girl with the hand shading her face and a pic him taking the second half kickoff.  

Check out @ValourpegBlog’s Tweet:

Interesting potential signing if true.  Appears to have split 2018 between Chilean Primera (Level 1) and Segunda (Level 3) Divisions, spending most of the year with the latter.  On the downswing of his career but definitely some pedigree.

The Canadian U20 player from Palestino that was also rumoured for the Valour had a high roster number and is listed on wikipedia as having played only 15 games for them since 2015 but that's still a reasonably strong fully pro club in Santiago that are fixtures in the Chilean top tier so he must have something to be at that level. Think he would qualify as real solid.

Meneses most recently played in the 2nd tier of Chile not 3rd..was getting starts in the top tier of mexico until 2016 so would be one of the highest quality signings until now

Think he is at third tier, if wikipedia is accurate. The confusingly named Primera B is the second tier there rather than the Segunda Division. With that kind of earlier pedigree though he should have something to offer, if he hasn't completely lost it in fitness terms.

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

Played with Deportes Melipilla in Primera B

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Primera_B_de_Chile

Yep Deportes Melipilla's Wikipedia page is out of date.  They did indeed play in the Primera B in 2018 and finished middle of the pack with Meneses scoring 3 in 12 matches.  Thanks for the correction  @Big_M.  And yes, he could be one of the higher-level signings in year 1.

Sacramento was on the Canadian U18, TFC Academy and played CIS and NCAA.  Last year he was one of the better players in L1O playing with Vaughn.

I think he’s one of the kind of guys who’s kinda slipped through the cracks and was always just a step behind breaking through.  This looks like his big chance.  He’s the kind of guy the CPL is going to be the proving ground for.  

5 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Sacramento was on the Canadian U18, TFC Academy and played CIS and NCAA.  Last year he was one of the better players in L1O playing with Vaughn.

I think he’s one of the kind of guys who’s kinda slipped through the cracks and was always just a step behind breaking through.  This looks like his big chance.  He’s the kind of guy the CPL is going to be the proving ground for.  

To elaborate on that point.

https://www.league1ontario.com/news_article/show/971590

"Men's Division MVP - Dylan Sacramento (Vaughan Azzurri)"

And of course he also made the first team 11.

5 minutes ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

We would be more than happy to hook you up with some game day tickets, if you want to come out for a Valour home game.

It would be great and if I'm ever in Winnipeg (I'm in Montreal) I will take you up on your offer. Actually it's on my bucket list to visit all CPL teams😊.