dsqpr

Valour FC - Launch / 2019 Pre-Season

I’d love to the the Liverpool Alllez allez allez song with our twist. This may wel very be off best but something like this (see StuHolden on twitter for Cincinnati’s version) Allez allez allez on iTunes.

ALLLEZ ALLLEZ ALLEZ WE ARE VALOUR FC (x2)

Here at IGFFFF

we are the (fucking/mighty) bessst (x2)

And from Victoria to Halifaxxxx 

We will rule from coast to coast 

ALLLEZ ALLLEZ ALLLEZ we are Valour FC 

ALLLEZ ALLLEZ ALLLEZ we are Valour FC 

Gale will lead us to victoryyyy

And we will have a party (x2)

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ WE ARE VALOUR FC (x2)

We support the 204 

And we will support some more (2x)

Allez allez allez , Allez allez allez 

Allez allez allez we are valour FC

4 hours ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

Went to the practice yesterday AM........Ali Musse looking..........DEADLY.

Any other standouts? interested in the midfielders specifically, seems very cluttered with depth down the middle.

7 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Any other standouts? interested in the midfielders specifically, seems very cluttered with depth down the middle.

A number of players were being rested, a few others I could not identify.  Overall I was very impressed.  Valour are assembling a great squad and still have 2 import positions to fill.

Musse should be a constant threat.  Power, pace, passing, shooting.....looks like the complete package.

Skipped work this afternoon and went again.  Worse than a cocaine addiction.

Edited by Winnipeg Fury

8 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

I was there on Tue but not Wed. Like Fury I am not able to recognize most of the players on sight yet, but the other two that caught my eye were Skylar Thomas and Golubar. Thomas not tested defensively but looked very confident on the ball. Golubar very solid too, getting into space and making good passes, looked a cut above. Musse was electric.

Really looking forward to seeing how all this comes together. Valour shaping up to be a very entertaining team to watch, and I'm very optimistic about our chances (so unlike all other fans then!).

Edited by dsqpr

19 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

I was there on Tue but not Wed. Like Fury I am not able to recognize most of the players on sight yet, but the other two that caught my eye were Skylar Thomas and Golubar. Thomas not tested defensively but looked very confident on the ball. Golubar very solid too, getting into space and making good passes, looked a cut above. Musse was electric.

Really looking forward to seeing how all this comes together. Valour shaping up to be a very entertaining team to watch, and I'm very optimistic about our chances (so unlike all other fans then!).

Seconded on Thomas & Golubar.  They were both stand outs when I watched at the end of the first week.  Especially Thomas.

Is anyone planning to go to the first game in Victoria?  Work takes me to Vancouver on May 1st, so I'll be going to that game.  The away section is 101.  I'll be buying my ticket when they go on sale at the beginning of April, and I can make a group purchase if anyone else is planning to go.

1 hour ago, MrsC said:

Is anyone planning to go to the first game in Victoria?  Work takes me to Vancouver on May 1st, so I'll be going to that game.  The away section is 101.  I'll be buying my ticket when they go on sale at the beginning of April, and I can make a group purchase if anyone else is planning to go.

Hmmm, I am thinking about it. Valour will only ever play one first ever match. Good to know there is a specific away section too.

Close to a hundred watched todays practice, which was a high intensity scrimmage.

Diego Gutierrez was the player today that really stepped up and impressed.  I fully expect Skylar Thomas to be named Captain.

Valour move to IGF next week and unfortunately it's closed to the public.  Too bad, with spring break and the kids out of school, would have been a great chance for some PR.

Also the Valour on-line store is not up to date.  They now have Macron merch at the Bomber shop, shirts, sweaters, track suits, etc....

Edited by Winnipeg Fury

IT'S FINALLY HERE!

The inaugural season kit reveal will take place April 4th at the TYC Event Centre at 6:30 pm. Join us as we watch the unveil, mingle with Valour players, and come pick up your season tickets.

Dwayne, your account number is        Please have this number along with a piece of photo ID handy when picking up your tickets!

WHEN: April 4th, 2019
WHERE: TYC Event Centre, Canad Inns Destination Centre Polo Park, 1405 St. Matthews Ave.
TIME: Doors open at 5:45 pm, kit unveil at 6:30 pm

*Cash bar. Appetizers will be served.

4 hours ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

Close to a hundred watched todays practice, which was a high intensity scrimmage.

Diego Gutierrez was the player today that really stepped up and impressed.  I fully expect Skylar Thomas to be named Captain.

Valour move to IGF next week and unfortunately it's closed to the public.  Too bad, with spring break and the kids out of school, would have been a great chance for some PR.

Also the Valour on-line store is not up to date.  They now have Macron merch at the Bomber shop, shirts, sweaters, track suits, etc....

Yes, Skylar very likely to be captain. Golubar or Farago vice captain is my guess.

Golubar the stand out for me today: really commanding the central midfield and setting up chances. Looks like a fantastic signing.

Thomas also excellent again and scored a sweet header in the scrimmage: across the face of goal and over the keeper from a corner. The crowd went crazy! (Actually, it seemed as though most of them didn't even know what had just happened!)

Gutierrez also looked a cut above, playing wide right along the touchline.

Petrasso still rusty but getting better each time out. Full of running and energy but finishing not there yet.

Murrell not practicing again. Looked fine walking around though so probably just a minor strain.

There is definitely going to be some competition for places, particularly considering that 34 year old Golubar is hardly going to play every match.

7 hours ago, dsqpr said:

Golubar the stand out for me today: really commanding the central midfield and setting up chances. Looks like a fantastic signing...

Looked tremendous doing that for Varteks Varazdin on his youtube highlight reel clip, so he's definitely one to watch.

Watching Skylar Thomas at practice yesterday made me wonder why he wasn’t able to land an MLS spot.  Is there a particular weakness to his game?  Because he looked great and commanding to me