Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

The T-Shirt Experiment - Shipping

We have a new shirt coming out, which will be given out free with each ticket in Montreal at the pre game bar.   It will also be available for teams across the country in their local colors. It is the Supporters United for Canada shirt, designed by John Bruce. 

supporters-united-for-canada-red.jpg

Now none of this matters if the shirts do NOT arrive, which is what is happening to too many orders. 

When I first started doing ticketing for games, we shipped physical tickets.  Several games in, tickets started to go missing.  We were not covered on tickets like we are now, it's pretty much risk free at this point, in the early days it was not.  

Now a lot of these tickets were going missing with people I knew, same with the shirts.  So what I did was break up the mailing into small batches and walk around the city dropping them into mailboxes over a couple days.  Suddenly, not a single ticket went missing. 

I am now shipping the shirts through the same post office where the tickets went missing, albeit years later.   Possibly just a coincidence.

I want to do a test and send out shirts to the same people in a few different ways

So please sign up by sending me your address in a PM.   I will send you two or three Supporters United shirts.  You can find cool people to give them to. 

First 20 or so people.... I may also pick out some people that come later to spread things out.  I will likely ship things in at least three different ways. 

How We Ship Shirts

Shirts, singles, are shipped by over sized letter mail. Within Canada this costs roughly $3.25 to $4.00 depending on the weight.   It is possible the shirts are bunching up and Canada Post is being super strict on the thickness of the envelope.  If so, shirts are piling up somewhere and they don't come back to me.   There are few different fixes we can try if that is the issue. 

If we ship parcels shipping will jump for a single shirt to a minimum of $12, unless we started to do serious volume and even then drop only to around $9 at a minimum.   The third option is something like Amazon fulfillment which I am looking into. Both options would give us tracking numbers. 

For a fundraiser like the CanPL shirt, it effectively defeats the purpose. 

I really want to solve this issue, because if we can't it effectively kills shipping single shirts.  It simply can't continue with the numbers that are not getting through.

View full record