Dominic94

Canadian Dual Nationals

Herdman never said anything about this player being called in March, he just said that we have someone who has committed to the program

even tho injured, eustaquio is a very exciting addition. he's the only one that makes sense at the moment

1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

No. Arfield just basically got tired waiting and went with the girl that would go out with him instead of his dream girl who was ignoring him and showed no signs of ever changing her opinion. 

Seeing as it's that dreaded day today, you reminded me of this. DzWXeKKWkAA9QMO.jpeg.thumb.jpg.508c3fe576e85b8b0492750d8c618b87.jpg

Edited by toontownman

I was thinking Tomori when I watched the video. The "big country" part seems like it's England but I guess Portugal/Chile/Belgium can all apply to that. The Portuguese players both are out for a while so I don't think it's one of them.

Gutierrez like mentioned above would be a bit underwhelming. Bassong would be cool but is he really a "pioneer" for coming over here? Just because Herdman mentioned the word pioneer it sounds like big news, but obviously we have to read a lot into this.

It’s been a while since I waltched the clip but I thought Herdman was saying pioneer meaning the Canadian team will be full of pioneers because it is a team that isn’t historically successful. The current team can blaze a trail into the sporting mainstream for the first time ever (yes I know, 1986, I don’t think Soccer was big enough then for that team to actually be mainstream though).

12 hours ago, Kent said:

It’s been a while since I waltched the clip but I thought Herdman was saying pioneer meaning the Canadian team will be full of pioneers because it is a team that isn’t historically successful. The current team can blaze a trail into the sporting mainstream for the first time ever (yes I know, 1986, I don’t think Soccer was big enough then for that team to actually be mainstream though).

Not as mainstream as today but not off the radar with CBC showing the WC on tv in 82.

500k in streets of Toronto after Italy won. CBC got 1 million to watch the 86 Canada WC match vs France. And Manic/Whitecaps were getting 50k for a handful of matches.

Edited by red card

1 hour ago, red card said:

500k in streets of Toronto after Italy won. CBC got 1 million to watch the 86 Canada WC match vs France. And Manic/Whitecaps were getting 50k for a handful of matches.

This ^ + don't forget in the province of Quebec or the city of Montreal this past summer. Streets closed, shown on big screens, people everywhere cheering for France.  Far surpassed the amount of people in Toronto when Italy won.

Not to go overly off topic, but just look at the "Vince Carter effect" has had on Canada basketball. Of course Vince Carter is not a true pioneer of basketball in Canada but he has often been referenced as one, simply because of his "generational influence" on the sport and the media attention he brought to the sport in Canada.  

I do not believe Herdman is over stepping at all, when he says that about the men's program over the next 8 years can be pioneers.  With social media the way it is today, it will be a lot different for the "22-"26 squad compared to the "86.

Another Chituru Odunze-like prospect has popped up. 17-year-old forward Brandon Cambridge who has appeared for the Whitecaps first team this preseason. He's attended multiple Canada youth ID camps in the past, but was born in New York, and there's little doubt the USSF is aware of him. Unclear whether he has Canadian citizenship.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:19 PM, ChuckMe92 said:

Another Chituru Odunze-like prospect has popped up. 17-year-old forward Brandon Cambridge who has appeared for the Whitecaps first team this preseason. He's attended multiple Canada youth ID camps in the past, but was born in New York, and there's little doubt the USSF is aware of him. Unclear whether he has Canadian citizenship.

I'm thinking the jacket gives it away, but they were just ID camps so

image.png.775e0af8cfd9e1eb189b6cf89c755dbe.png

https://canadasoccer.com/?pid=5769&t=profile&