Dominic94

Canadian Dual Nationals

With Tomi Ameobi apparently weeks away from Canadian citizenship does he warrant any interest from the national team? Obviously he would be low on the depth chart but I could see Herdman bringing him in to a camp or two just for the optics regarding the CPL.

22 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

With Tomi Ameobi apparently weeks away from Canadian citizenship does he warrant any interest from the national team? Obviously he would be low on the depth chart but I could see Herdman bringing him in to a camp or two just for the optics regarding the CPL.

No. 

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I think he is weeks away from Permanent Residency based on a tweet I saw from Paulus. I'll have to look around to see if I can find it

Look likes Massih Wassey has moved on from Canada national team to   Afghanistan. I wish Canada played more games so we could see more players and we wouldn’t lose players

665DC6E5-9047-4183-9C3B-F56C10EB0D07.jpeg

Edited by SpecialK

I noticed the Haitian team has a goalkeeper from Montreal (obviously other posters will have known before me). But he's only had a friendly for them yet, so he could still switch. Don't know if he's worth it though, since he hasn't played a professional minute so far.

It's Josue Diverge. he plays in the Vitoria Setubal Academy.

I think I'd still prefer Rantsijing to make a switch tough since he is a proven goalkeeper at the USL level and still young. 

On 1/18/2019 at 10:01 AM, jordan said:

Alexander Krakowiak of TFC academy was just called up to the Poland U18 team.

Played 60 mins against Norway’s U18 team in a 0-0 draw today

Edited by jordan

8 hours ago, BradMack said:

Herdman teasing a new commit on TSN. No clues other than he's played for a big countries youth teams, I think thats probably Tomori. 

Eustaquio (Portugal u21) or Bassong (Belgium u19)

highly doubt Tomori because of u21 euro cup this summer 

10 minutes ago, Bikerack said:

Eustaquio (Portugal u21) or Bassong (Belgium u19)

highly doubt Tomori because of u21 euro cup this summer 

I would have thought Bassong, but he's just moved to Cercle Brugge so it would be strange timing. On the other hand, he's had his cup of coffee with the U19s but he's not stayed in the Belgian international circuit.

9 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Isn't Eustaquio seriously injured?

Yes but I’m guessing he filed his 1 time switch before hand 

its not great timing but this is the one player that makes the most sense (regarding Herdmans statement)

39 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Wasn't this conversation already had in the game thread?

edit: it's in the General Discussion thread

I never look at that thread out of principle - the entire frickin "Men's National Team" subheading is for general discussion!