shermanator

Cyle Larin

I would wonder how much say (or veto power) the league itself might have in that sort of move.  He didn't exactly leave under the best circumstances.  Not sure they would want him to walk back in to the league - even on loan.

I doubt he'd accept going back to MLS, and it'd be a mistake: better to have him producing on a more modest side in Turkey and them being able to watch his progression. And better for him to not have to face the comments (look he didn't make it, after such a fuss!). 

10 hours ago, Ansem said:

Yilmaz is a player not a club. How can you set up a loan deal with Yilmaz, sell Larin to him as a personal assistant?

That tweet gives no basis to justify the conclusion about a loan, however much it may be in the works. Besiktas is actually short two strikers from last year, with Negredo and Tosun gone and no real replacement signed. 

Posted (edited)

Ive expected Larin to return to the MLS and here's why. When i watched that video of Atiba thriving in Turkey it was really great. But thats not for everyone, no disrespect but Larin seems a different person. Atiba is very outgoing, cultured, has a family. Larin seems shy and reserved.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is a cutlure shock both on and off the field. I think TFC would be best for him or maybe England. As a Caps fan im a little unsure if i would want him coming to Van. Just me spitballing from 10000 miles

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

I think TFC would be best for him or maybe England.

I would think if he's going to transfer anywhere else in Europe, from a cultural perspective, England would be the best choice. He speaks the language and he has experience driving on the left side of the road. Unfortunately getting a work permit in the UK can be complicated.

6 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

I would think if he's going to transfer anywhere else in Europe, from a cultural perspective, England would be the best choice. He speaks the language and he has experience driving on the left side of the road. Unfortunately getting a work permit in the UK can be complicated.

Lol.  10 points to Gryffindor.

15 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Does Orlando still own his rights or would Larin have been on the allocation list??  TFC did have the number 1 pick....not that long ago.  

We dropped down to last after acquiring Ciman.

17 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Does Orlando still own his rights or would Larin have been on the allocation list??  TFC did have the number 1 pick....not that long ago.  

Allocation list.  TFC is 24th ont he list. I'd be shocked that they would be able to move up to get Larin. And I'm sure there are other MLS teams who would be interested in him and I don'T think Larin could fall to TFC or that TFC could move up so high that they would be able to grab him after multiple teams pass on him.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:17 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Yilmaz is a player not a club. How can you set up a loan deal with Yilmaz, sell Larin to him as a personal assistant?

That tweet gives no basis to justify the conclusion about a loan, however much it may be in the works. Besiktas is actually short two strikers from last year, with Negredo and Tosun gone and no real replacement signed. 

Isn't it saying that they're bringing Yilmaz in, which increases the likelihood out Larin out?

4 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Is back with the team. Played and scored the lone goal in a 1-0 win in a friendly over Helmond of the Netherlands.

Not a difficult finish but hopefully it'll give him confidence

Posted (edited)

If you thought the goal yesterday was easy.  Have a look at the two goals today.  Either way, good to see him get going on the scoresheet.

Edited by Corazon

If you thought the goal yesterday was easy.  Have a look at the two goals today.  Either way, good to see him get going on the scoresheet.

I guess...but making runs/being available for passes and crosses and being in the right spot to pot easy ones is something that good strikers do.  He has been a very streaky scorer, hopefully this will lead to him going on a tear.

They have been playing friendlies in Antalya against local and other European teams on winter break. Afjet Afyonspor is a Turkish 2nd tier team.

Even though that is south coast near Cyprus a lot of those guys are wearing gloves. I still find it odd they take a break in Turkey, half Spain is chilly in winter, and France, many northern European leagues, and they don't stop. 

They start up again on the weekend of Jan 20th.