Jump to content
Levi Oakey

Grand River CPL Supporters

Recommended Posts

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎22 at 10:25 AM, Nathanael Martin said:

Also-I live in Guelph too, and I am hoping this team of ours can represent the whole region: I know Guelph will never (well, never say never!) get our own team, but our cities are getting closer all the time.

You  never  know  They   just  may  have  the  Reserve  team  play  out  of  Guelph   If  it  ever  happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what do you guys think of this?

colours are german flag(aside from the river)

checker pattern based on the area being mostly farmland, and sort of german oktoberfest iconography.

don't normally use that font, but thought with the mennonite presence it(or something a little toned down but similar) might be warranted.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

 

Grand River.png

Edited by GuillermoDelQuarto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-12-25 at 6:42 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

what do you guys think of this?

I won't presume to speak for them but I would ask why a supporters group for Hamilton would use any colours other than Hamilton's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ted said:

I won't presume to speak for them but I would ask why a supporters group for Hamilton would use any colours other than Hamilton's?

Wrong message board! This is for the Grand River (KW) team. Own colours, own identity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/12/2016 at 8:24 PM, gigi riva said:

We  should  create  a  Web  page   similiar  to  The Red patch Boys   which  I  am   a  member  of  for  all of  us   Gran River   Supporters.

We've started a splash page, but would you be down for a message board more? I go back and forth on Message boards. The voyageurs one here is nice and does most of what we ask of it. If there is enough interest I am sure @Nathanael Martin and I could pull something off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, welltoldtales said:

We've started a splash page, but would you be down for a message board more? I go back and forth on Message boards. The voyageurs one here is nice and does most of what we ask of it. If there is enough interest I am sure @Nathanael Martin and I could pull something off.

I'm not sure if we would want to seperate our discussion for the supporter's group from the Voyageurs at this early stage, since they have done so much and continue to be the most significant supporter of supporters. But eventually, we'll definitely want our own!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, welltoldtales said:

Wrong message board! This is for the Grand River (KW) team. Own colours, own identity.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood when you wrote:

On 2016-11-25 at 7:47 AM, welltoldtales said:

If you live in Waterloo Region (and we also accept Guelph/Stratford/Brantford), let's get talking about the Canadian Premier League. We're going to be living the dream! but if we don't get a team, we'll join the Hamilton crew for some sweet sweet Canadian Soccer action.

Since there is no team yet I just thought you might want to wait until there were actual colours and an identity to work with.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, welltoldtales said:

We've started a splash page, but would you be down for a message board more? I go back and forth on Message boards. The voyageurs one here is nice and does most of what we ask of it. If there is enough interest I am sure @Nathanael Martin and I could pull something off.

Message  board 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nathanael Martin said:

We're building a campaign, and a good campaign needs branding. Unltimately, the ownership will determine colours, name, logo, etc.

Hopefully   we  can  some  of  the  Tech  Giants  in  Waterloo   as  owners  Wouldn"t  it  be  awesome  if  it  were  Google  I   know  I  am  dreaming  big  time  but  what  the  heck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Hopefully   we  can  some  of  the  Tech  Giants  in  Waterloo   as  owners  Wouldn"t  it  be  awesome  if  it  were  Google  I   know  I  am  dreaming  big  time  but  what  the  heck

I've thought of that, Google does need to make a community presence! But, McLean (owner of KW United) is pretty awesome. He should be involved in the team for sure. Maybe with a partner with money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Hopefully   we  can  some  of  the  Tech  Giants  in  Waterloo   as  owners  Wouldn"t  it  be  awesome  if  it  were  Google  I   know  I  am  dreaming  big  time  but  what  the  heck

#DARETODREAM  !!  

Google might be a longshot, but as you said you never know. 

Some local tech company seems more likely, but who knows, really?  I keep hearing that theres no such thing as objective reality so i'll let whoever is in charge decide whats realistic and whats not ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE most  important  thing  is   trying  to establish  some  interested  party  as  owners   with  financial  backing  from  sponsors   Were  are  going  to  play   at  Laurier   or   that  field  beside  The  Memorial  Auditoruim   I  forget  what  it  is  called    we  also  have  to  show  that  we  have   people  who  are  willing  to  buy  seasons  tickets    before  we  can  even   get   approval  for  a  franchise   lot  of  work  to  do   it  can  be  done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  will   not   be  able  to  attend   next  week   due  to  work  comittments   Can  you    please  email  me    or  PM  me  what  was  discussed   greatly   appreaciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will do @gigi riva. This first meeting is for our "activators". We're hoping to have about 30-40 out that will start recruiting locally to really get things going. So if you miss this first one that is okay, as we will be doing a lot of brainstorming sessions and planning in this first one. @Nathanael Martin lives in Guelph and is really active in helping us get things going. Probably would make sense to setup a time with him and he can talk directly about some of the stuff we covered at the meeting.

As soon as we have our February date I will post it here too. We are looking for 200 or so people to show up in February. That's going to be our big coming out party. It will be at the Descendants Bierhalle. We might have bands there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, welltoldtales said:

Will do @gigi riva. This first meeting is for our "activators". We're hoping to have about 30-40 out that will start recruiting locally to really get things going. So if you miss this first one that is okay, as we will be doing a lot of brainstorming sessions and planning in this first one. @Nathanael Martin lives in Guelph and is really active in helping us get things going. Probably would make sense to setup a time with him and he can talk directly about some of the stuff we covered at the meeting.

As soon as we have our February date I will post it here too. We are looking for 200 or so people to show up in February. That's going to be our big coming out party. It will be at the Descendants Bierhalle. We might have bands there too.

Will  do  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×