Levi Oakey

Grand River CPL Supporters

If you live in Waterloo Region (and we also accept Guelph/Stratford/Brantford), let's get talking about the Canadian Premier League. We're going to be living the dream! but if we don't get a team, we'll join the Hamilton crew for some sweet sweet Canadian Soccer action.

We're planning to meet up at Descendants Bierhalle on January 10th. Will have Gillian Heidary from KW United talking about United and maybe Nathan Ingham (Former United keeper and recently with FC Edmonton) coming to hang out.  Still planning things, but this is an open invitation to attend!

On 25/11/2016 at 10:53 AM, welltoldtales said:

We're planning to meet up at Descendants Bierhalle on January 10th. Will have Gillian Heidary from KW United talking about United and maybe Nathan Ingham (Former United keeper and recently with FC Edmonton) coming to hang out.  Still planning things, but this is an open invitation to attend!

I'll try to keep the date open and see if anyone else in the Battalion is interested in paying a visit.

Awesome to see you guys in FM setting something like this up. I'm really hopeful things move forward with #CanPL, even if perhaps delayed a year or two, because I want to watch a match between an SK side and KW Utd in Kitchener (or Waterloo, do you guys play your games in K or W??).

12 hours ago, welltoldtales said:

Right now, Waterloo. So we just say Grand River, covers all of us. Including those from Elmira.

I grew up in Elmira, and I'm amazed that it's been mentioned twice in recent weeks. And neither were even about Tyler Pasher. What a world we live in.

So we have moved the date. January 10th is going to be about getting some of the core activators together for bringing a team to KW. So we are trying to find the most passionate people we can who have local connections that can push the case for CPL and for a much bigger, broader meeting in February.

So if anyone knows of some passionate soccer fans who want to meet up on January 10th, Beer is on us!

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎19 at 11:16 AM, gigi riva said:

As  long  as  you  do  not  change  the  Name  to  Waterloo  Wellington    I  am  happy

Also-I live in Guelph too, and I am hoping this team of ours can represent the whole region: I know Guelph will never (well, never say never!) get our own team, but our cities are getting closer all the time.

2 hours ago, Nathanael Martin said:

Also-I live in Guelph too, and I am hoping this team of ours can represent the whole region: I know Guelph will never (well, never say never!) get our own team, but our cities are getting closer all the time.

You  never  know  They   just  may  have  the  Reserve  team  play  out  of  Guelph   If  it  ever  happens