PhillyCanuck

Zachary Brault-Guillard

i think this is a good move for him. i know some hate but mls is a good league with a solid level of play, that's seen some solid youngsters pass through it in recent years, and he should be able to get decent minutes over the season and maybe he breaks into lyon's first team as a result. 

I don't know if he's in Lyon's plans, so I think that anything different would be good. He's at a point where he needs to play in something better than National 2. Is the Impact a great fit? I'm not sure since he would be behind Sagna, but I'm guessing that they would want to not play Sagna 36 matches this year and he'll get some rest but Garde hasn't been one to really use someone outside of his XI except when it came to centrebacks for the second half of the year. 

3 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I don't know if he's in Lyon's plans, so I think that anything different would be good. He's at a point where he needs to play in something better than National 2. Is the Impact a great fit? I'm not sure since he would be behind Sagna, but I'm guessing that they would want to not play Sagna 36 matches this year and he'll get some rest but Garde hasn't been one to really use someone outside of his XI except when it came to centrebacks for the second half of the year. 

I wasn’t impressed with Garde last season. I had high hopes, but he seemed like he didn’t trust any player that was younger than 25... could just be a difficult place to be a coach though, thanks to Saputo. I know Garde has had plenty of experience developing players, but I really didn’t see any of that last year.

Hopefully ZBG can break through and earn his trust. If not, he will be glued to the bench all year...

Edited by BenFisk'sBiggestFan

29 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I wasn’t impressed with Garde last season. I had high hopes, but he seemed like he didn’t trust any player that was younger than 25... could just be a difficult place to be a coach though, thanks to Saputo. I know Garde has had plenty of experience developing players, but I really didn’t see any of that last year.

Hopefully ZBG can break through and earn his trust. If not, he will be glued to the bench all year...

Exactly. This is my worry. It isn't necessarily that MLS is a bad move, but being benched there would be too bad. He flat out needs to play and I hope he does in Montreal.

The other thing is that since the scheduling is different, Lyon could recall him at the end of the MLS season and he could continue in France

Edited by Ansem